“Great experience, good nights sleep:)”

and 1 more site!
The Briar Rose Hotel
Ranked #27 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
“Great experience, good nights sleep:)”
Reviewed 27 June 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a concert. We were met by really friendly staff, who patiently advised me earlier on the phone regarding where to park. we parked in the Brunel St car park, was under 5 mins away, £9.70 for 24hrs.

We had a luxury room, which had a small table and two comfy chairs, along with floor to ceiling units with dressing table and chair. Had all the makings for tea & coffee, biscuits and two bottles of water with proper glasses too. There was a large tv with freeview and free wifi throughout.

The bed had nice feather bedding and Egyptian cotton sheets. Room was really clean and in good repair. A few cracked tiles in the bathroom, but nothing that affected our stay.

The food next door was excellent for the price (some meals 2 for £6.50) as was breakfast the next day....bargain! Also, the bar was open til 1am during the week and did two pitchers of cocktails for a tenner....cuba libra and sex on the beach were lovely!

We were up early enough but you might experience city/pub noise after 8 am, or perhaps ask for a quieter room away from street....was very quiet otherwise

I would definitely return here....friendliest staff and best experience for the money by far! Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gbBlondie70
BriarRosehotel, Receptionist at The Briar Rose Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2015
Dear gbBlondie70,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a Wonderful 5* review.

The Briar Rose Hotel Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for one night in April where I needed to be close to the New Street Station. The hotel is very close and only took a few minutes to walk to from the station.
I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and was shown to my room. It was clean and the decor was very well thought out. I particularly liked the extra touches like bottle of mineral water and shower gel etc.
I was able to take food from the Wetherspoons pub (located in the same building on the ground floor) to my room, which was a bonus after a long day.
I would recommend this hotel to others as long as parking is not an issue.
My only disappointment was that the wireless internet did not work, which was my main reason for choosing the hotel as I had a report to send. When I asked the staff about this they told me it had not worked for some time,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank experttravelcorner
Dear experttravelcorner,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and apologise for any issues you encountered during your stay with us.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Had to stay somewhere affordable for a work trip. So glad I chose this place. I arrived too late to use the bar, but it looked comfortable. The night manager was very kind to me despite my bedraggled and irritable state. I loved the decor in the room. Comfortable bed and no noise from outside even though I slept with window open. Complimentary water and biscuits in room which were much appreciated.Very reasonably priced breakfast menu and I wished I had time to try their eggs benedict! I have already looked to find more of these hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mrsluxuryexplorer
Dear mrsluxuryexplorer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved the room.

Southampton
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Call me a snob but having stayed in some very nice and exclusive hotels around the world I was a little nervous of a Weatherspoon hotel - knowing that the pubs are cheap and cheerful. We had low expectations but it was a one night in Birmingham. Well we were very pleasantly surprised - we paid the slightly higher price for a luxury room - £67.50 booked via the website. Room a very good size, with huge very comfortable bed with lovely pillows, seating area, tea and coffee with biscuits and bottled water. Oversize bath in the bathroom was both extra width and extra length - great for a soak. Reception staff both friendly and helpful. Breakfast the next morning in the bar - good choice, price and tasty. Brilliant location - ust off New Street. All in all a very positive experience.

Room Tip: Paid the extra for a luxury room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SouthamptonLynne
Dear SouthamptonLynne,

Derbyshire England
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here for one night only. The price was very good and staff were very welcoming and helpful.The rooms were very well appointed and spotlessly clean.The breakfasts are fantastic value.
This hotel is close to the town centre but we found it to be very quiet.
We will certainly stay here again if we visit Birmingham.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank gingerbroughton
Dear gingerbroughton,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review.

Johannesburg
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Very nice hotel, close to centre of Town, staff friendly and helpful. Good pub with local ales and ciders, very reasonable food too. Will look for more Wetherspoon hotels in future, best value.
John and Linda, Johannesburg

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda J
Dear Linda J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review.

West Midlands UK
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed for a nite 21/4/2012 as part of a birthday treat from my partner as we were going to see OLIVER at the hippadrome.This is a brilliant location for the hippadrome and very closs to snow hill station.we arrived about 1oclock so went into birmingham for a drink as room was not quite ready.we requested low floor room and thats what we got.The room was small but nice and clean,nice decore,bed comfortable,bathroom lovely except showerhead was brocken so the water just sprayed down the wall.I would imagine no one had reported it ,as when i told the receptionist she said she was very sorry and would see to it staight away.they gave us a very nice free brecky as way of appology.Thanks wetherspoons we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MrP-UK,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.