The Briar Rose Hotel
Priceline
US$196
US$180
1,124 results
All reviewswetherspoons publuxury roomcity centrenew street stationbottled watergerman marketcentral birminghamsingle roomnice roomchristmas marketgood sizetrain stationpowerful showerexcellent locationfew minutes walksaturday nightreception staff
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Great hotel tucked away in the centre only a few minutes from New street. Lovely staff,from the front desk sorting the bedroom from a twin to a double quickly and easily to the bar staff. A mention for chris behind the bar who did an excellent job and had my order ready almost before I got to the bar.Would def use again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elvmeister
BriarRosehotel, Receptionist at The Briar Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2015

Dear Elvmeister

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This place is excellent. Of all the hotels in Birmingham that I've used (including the Crowne Plaza) this is by far the best.

The rooms are good sizes, have all the mod cons you needs, comfy beds and a pub downstairs.

The staff were really pleasant and the only criticism is that I had to wait 5 mins for someone to come back to the reception desk so that i could check out.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Mattrichu

Dear Mattrichu,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please allow us to apologise for there being no one on our receptionist desk, whilst you were checking out.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a concert. We were met by really friendly staff, who patiently advised me earlier on the phone regarding where to park. we parked in the Brunel St car park, was under 5 mins away, £9.70 for 24hrs.

We had a luxury room, which had a small table and two comfy chairs, along with floor to ceiling units with dressing table and chair. Had all the makings for tea & coffee, biscuits and two bottles of water with proper glasses too. There was a large tv with freeview and free wifi throughout.

The bed had nice feather bedding and Egyptian cotton sheets. Room was really clean and in good repair. A few cracked tiles in the bathroom, but nothing that affected our stay.

The food next door was excellent for the price (some meals 2 for £6.50) as was breakfast the next day....bargain! Also, the bar was open til 1am during the week and did two pitchers of cocktails for a tenner....cuba libra and sex on the beach were lovely!

We were up early enough but you might experience city/pub noise after 8 am, or perhaps ask for a quieter room away from street....was very quiet otherwise

I would definitely return here....friendliest staff and best experience for the money by far! Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbBlondie70

Dear gbBlondie70,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a Wonderful 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for one night in April where I needed to be close to the New Street Station. The hotel is very close and only took a few minutes to walk to from the station.
I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and was shown to my room. It was clean and the decor was very well thought out. I particularly liked the extra touches like bottle of mineral water and shower gel etc.
I was able to take food from the Wetherspoons pub (located in the same building on the ground floor) to my room, which was a bonus after a long day.
I would recommend this hotel to others as long as parking is not an issue.
My only disappointment was that the wireless internet did not work, which was my main reason for choosing the hotel as I had a report to send. When I asked the staff about this they told me it had not worked for some time,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank experttravelcorner

Dear experttravelcorner,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and apologise for any issues you encountered during your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Had to stay somewhere affordable for a work trip. So glad I chose this place. I arrived too late to use the bar, but it looked comfortable. The night manager was very kind to me despite my bedraggled and irritable state. I loved the decor in the room. Comfortable bed and no noise from outside even though I slept with window open. Complimentary water and biscuits in room which were much appreciated.Very reasonably priced breakfast menu and I wished I had time to try their eggs benedict! I have already looked to find more of these hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mrsluxuryexplorer

Dear mrsluxuryexplorer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great 5* review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved the room.