“Brothers birthday meal”

Channi's Indian Restaurant
Ranked #627 of 2,279 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Small lovely comfort place. Fantastic food. Absolutely delicious. All ingredients were fresh and you could really taste the fresh spices. Would recommend to everyone who likes there Indian food. Yummy.

There are newer reviews for Channi's Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Let me say first of all that we were greeted very well and Channis is lovely. My taste buds are always welcoming of good Indian Punjabi food, because of my Sikh background and as it is a rarity as most restaurants cater for Bangladeshi or Pakistani cuisine. The food was very lovely. However the reason I am giving this only 3 stars is because the wait for the food was like an hour and the place wasn't even busy, I was very tempted to give this a 2 star review because it was a huge wait - Had my food been served to me in a reasonable waiting time it would have been a 5 star review because the food was great. The wait was so long that I was going to say something at one point as I got very tired and I needed to get back to work but my partner said it maybe worth the wait and they maybe understaffed, but no one had come out to explain why we were still waiting. Anyway the food was excellent.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We as a family have been coming to channis for many years and it never fails on food. In my opinion the best traditional east Africa inspired indian food.

Food tastes the same as it does every time.

Decor is old school and service can be better but maybe thats just the charm of the place bringing us back time and time again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have been going to Channis for years (last time was just last night!) – I agree with Jan T the previous reviewer that you’re not paying for upmarket decor – but you ARE paying for fantastic Indian food, cooked just the way you request it to be cooked and great service with Channi the owner / chef being ever present. Each time we go we order a takeaway for the freezer for those times when we just can’t get out but need our fix of Channi’s fabulous cooking. I am Brummie born and bred and have eaten in many of the curry restaurants in the what’s known as The Balti Triangle and Channi’s is the only one that we keep coming back to year after year. Keep it coming Channi!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

There are so many restaurants that look nice when you walk in: they've invested in leather chairs, modern china, plants and floral decorations, and you think you must be in for a treat. Then the food arrives, and the very thing you've actually come in for lets you and your family/friends down. The opposite is true of Channi's. The decor is pretty much unchanged from the 80s because what you're paying for is delicious, fragrant food made with authentic herbs and spices and good quality meat and veg prepared with loving care - and the friendly welcome you get, and the attentive staff. Channi is still there, and pops out from the kitchen from time to time to make sure you're happy. You can order any dish mild, medium or hot, and if you ask for wine and they don't have what you want, they'll pop next door and get it for you. So when my husband and are celebrating an anniversary, that's where we go. And we've never been disappointed.