“Average, get what you pay for!”

Ibrahims Grill & Steak House
Ranked #512 of 2,220 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Average, get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Saw offer on groupon so jumped at it - group of us went, we were welcomed, taken upstairs (very quiet/home like) atmosphere upstairs - would have preferred to be downstairs but couldn't fit us all in. Friendly service by Moh (waiter) although he failed to ask his customers how we would like our steak cooked! Quite busy for weekend. Was really looking forward to T-Bone but they had none left (big disappointment), went for secondary choice of lamb steak, it was average - cold, and not the best I've had compared to other places. Other friends had sirloin. 4/10. Small portions. Average. Would not visit again

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings .........”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

There are positives to report about Ibrahims Grill and Steakhouse with their strongest point being the customer service attitude towards their clients and the extent to which they seek to improve. We genuinely felt welcome and our waiter went to great lengths to ensure that we were looked after. The following comments concern the food and this is where we have mixed views. Our party of four took advantage of the Groupon deal offering a steak meal and soft drink for £25.00 (for four!) and from the outset our expectations were not terribly high considering the cost but we were tempted by the positive Tripadvisor reviews. Two of our party faired well but my wife and I were less impressed with our meals. In addition to the deal, we decided to order starters - Spicy Buffalo wings for me, Tandoori salmon for my wife and our friends ordered Crab cakes and Chicken chatt. My wings were plentiful but not the best I've had, the salmon was good as we're the other starters - on the whole we were off to a good start. The portion sizes are huge. For mains we all ordered steaks - Three of us ordered Sirloin steaks described as gently spiced and the other order was a similarly described T-Bone. One sirloin ordered rare, one medium rare and one medium. T-Bone ordered medium. They were all accompanied by fries. Mine arrived - two thin slices of sirloin well done rather than medium the other sirloins delivered as ordered. The T-Bone was huge and filled the plate and the fillet part of the steak was nice but the rest rather poor quality. I decided to return mine and received appropriate apologies. Within a few minutes my replacement arrived and because it hadn't been allowed to stand, was more rare than medium and was pretty chewy. Our friends were perfectly satisfied with their meals. In another demonstration of their excellent customer service, the manager approached us to elicit our honest views of our Ibrahims experience. He was genuinely concerned to know how things could be improved as they are determined to succeed - and in this regard I really do wish them well. My advice for what it's worth would be to offer better quality meat and charge more for it. I would certainly return as I would be interested to try some of the more conventional Indian food on the menu - or even the burgers which looked pretty good. Overall a disappointing personal experience but I think they knew it and reacted accordingly.

Visited January 2014
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Groupon voucher”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Just took my husband and our 2 friends to Ibrahim's using a groupon voucher we had 3 T-bone steaks and 1 lamb meal the food is excellent, the steaks were huge and very tender. We were pleasantly surprised by the decor every thing was nice and clean. All the staff were lovely and very welcoming, we will definitely go again as the menu looked excellent.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Steaks cooked to perfection and delicious gravy!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've been to numerous Steak houses over the years (including Ismail's and Yaqub's in Birmingham) but this one is the best by FAR. This was my third visit. I've tried the Lamb, T Bone and the Sirloin Steaks, each of which were brilliant in their own right.

On my most recent visit I had my sirloin steak 'medium rare' but my colleague had it 'well done' but both of us were very pleased with the taste and texture. Their steaks are succulent and not over-cooked.

They offer you a few sauce choices but I would recommend going for Ibrahim's gravy. I would also highly recommend their fresh cookie dough with ice cream for dessert, which wasn't too heavy and it was not over-cooked like the usual cookie-dough.

birmingham
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Been to a lot of steak houses in Birmingham, and can honestly say this was amongst the best. Very friendly staff, place was full on a Friday night but service was excellent. The family platter is fantastic value for money. The steaks are excellent and can honestly say the chicken is better than nandos. Would definitely recommend.