“Rip off groupon offer staff lie 2 save money”

Ibrahims Grill & Steak House
Ranked #561 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014

First of all I'm gona be honest

Food was tasty and of good portions and staff are nice and friendly but I have to say I was using my groupon voucher for 2 x steak meals plus sides and drinks

Now the groupon voucher clearly states mains meal each up to the value of £11.99p each plus a side up to the value of £2.99 each and a drink up to the value of £1.90 each so when I ordered the t bone stake the waiter conveniently mentioned it's out of stock yeh right the most expensive stake just so happens to be sold out on a Saturday at 8pm that's just the first way they cone you

Then the waiter said to me the side will cost u extra when it clearly states in there menu the stakes all come with a side and sauce as a meal for the price of £11.99

But the waiter insisted I use my side voucher for the side that already comes with the meal that's the second con

And when I ask for drinks they don't give u a drinks menu so they tell u what u can have just a can of soft drink

I only got to use 70% of the true vouchers value

I've reported this restaurant to groupon and they have offered me a full refund

If the restaurant can't afford to up held offers don't do it

4  Thank Shebys

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went to Ibrahim's last night,food was excellent,staff were really friendly,will definitely go again.the steak just melted in the mouth.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I purchased a Groupon voucher for Ibrahims in Acocks Green at a value price of £13 for a main course, side dish and drink for 2 people so I went with my Husband on Friday 7th February.

Not sure what to expect, we ordered starters in addition to the voucher we purchased. We ordered salt and pepper squid and Buffalo Wings in a peri peri sauce. Wow!, the starters were huge, very tasty, excellently cooked and beautifully served.

We both ordered the same main course of T-Bone Steak and chips with sauce. These were perfectly cooked to our request and came served on a wooden chopping board with a mini chip frying basket which contained the chips and a separate pot of the steak sauce. Very novel way of serving this :-) What we found unusual was that we were asked how spicy we wanted our steaks as the restaurant seems to offer you a variety of tastes of plain, mild, medium and hot flavours if required. We opted for the plain option.

We were offered a soft drink to be served with our meal as alcohol is not served here.....perhaps could be an option for the future?

We were unfortunately too full to manage a pudding but I have to say the staff there were all so pleasant and there to assist if required. I spoke with one of the owners, Bash, and asked him how long the restaurant had been opened and he explained that this was their eighth week and business was doing ok. He explained how the business got together and how the business partners visited different countries to try authentic local dishes in order to bring them back to their restaurant menu to incorporate an unusual fusion menu choice.

Upon paying our bill, we spoke with another owner, Mo, who also made us very welcome and because of the gorgeous food we had and the very pleasant staff, we will definitely be visiting Ibrahims again in the near future.

Keep up the good work Ibrahims and we wish you a very successful future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had a meal there early evening on our way to the Symphony Hall. On entering the ambience is bright and welcoming. We had an excellent meal of beef and lamb steaks, the staff were most attentive and it was a very good dining experience.
When driving from M42 direction do not believe your satnav when it says you have reached your destination, keep going until you pass Aldi and then you are metres from the restaurant, it has limited parking outside.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

In summary:

Not licenced and no alcohol allowed on the premises

Food average, posh takeaway food at best

Not very busy, no more than 3 tables occupied at any one time at 8:00 pm on a Friday night

Groupon voucher was £13 for 2, price reflects the dining experience

Overall, very underwhelming and quite disappointing.

Pay the extra and make it worthwhile!