“Amazing ”

Ranked #503 of 2,275 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Had family from out of town. Amazing experience and amazing good. Why wouldn't you go?! Thanks to mo for making it a great night with great service. Will be visiting again.

There are newer reviews for Ibrahims Grill & Steak House

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Been here twice and on both occasions the food has been excellent. First time I went I ordered chicken steak with chips which was great the chips were nice soft and hot and the chicken steak was tender and full of flavour. Second time was the salmon with pasta. The salmon comes wrapped in cling film and is piping hot, very flavourful and melts in your mouth, the pasta is also a great side with it. The service by the lads is also very attentive and great. This place is a little gem in Birmingham.

1  Thank 10Zahid10
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I visited Ibrahim's steak house yesterday for the second time and was overall quite happy with the good.
I ordered the sirloin steak which was lovely and other members ordered the chicken steak which also was nice but a bit spicy.
The presentation was excellent.
One thing that did stand out was the fact that my mother ordered an orange juice but it was not what she expected , so the waiter went out especially and got her pure orange juice. Now that's what I call - keeping your customers happy. That " going the extra mile " is something I will never forget.
My only criticisms would be that the ALL the waiters need to be a bit more confident and interactive with the customers ; the "medium spicy" needs to be toned down a bit and there needs to be more of a drinks selection.
Overall , I would most definitely go again. Keep up the good work !

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited here on a Tuesday evening small place about 30 covers did have trouble booking at first never seem to answer the phone before 9 o'clock and we couldn't for love nor money get book any night for 730 not sure why because it's never full at that time ? if your wondering how i know that i live near by and pass it most nights lol anyway it must be cause the chef can't cope who know's Anyway the most important bit the food i had a hot steak and chip's and salad and my partner had chicken parmesan and i have to say both were fantastic the best chicken i've ever had and the steak was lovely go back YES value for money under £25 for two only thing that would have made it perfect would have been a class of wine to wash it down with but no alcohol and you can't bring your own

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I love eating out. Usually we stick to our regular but when we have friends over we go somewhere different. At times like this we try and get good deals and so signed up to Living Social we came across this deal. (£25 for 4 main courses, 4 sides and 4 soft drink) we thought why not but also at the same time we were sceptical. Hence, we read up the reviews here on Tripadvisor and even then we were sceptical.

Anyway, a long story short, we bought the deal, called up the restaurant on Monday and had our table booked 2 weeks in advance for a Saturday night. Unfortunately, the Saturday we wanted was fully booked so it's worthy to note that Friday and Saturday get booked well in advance so we would advise anyone booking to book a table well in advance. When we arrived we did note that people turning up without reservation were politely asked to come back another time.

On arrival at 7pm, first impressions, the establishment is well lit up. Maybe a bit too bright for my liking but we didn't mind. Mixed clientele, perhaps more young Asians, which is a good sign for an ethnic restaurant. The restaurant was probably about 70% full. Clean, tidy decor, friendly welcome by staff.

A chap called Mo (Mohammed maybe) offered us 2 tables, one by the window or up near the kitchen. We opted for the window table on the back of his suggestion that if we did this he'll be able to look after us personally.

On sitting down, we were all given a menu. A huge A3 sized menu. Good variety from steaks, chicken and seafood which included lobster. As promised Mo took our order and recommended some starters as we were initially thought of going straight for the main course. Some great recommendations on the food, we were getting hungry just on the way the food was described to us so intricately. Yet I was still sceptical that on the back of these cheap offers the food wasn't going to be great. Boy was I wrong. The Honey Wings for starter was fantastic, Lamb Short Ribs...yummy! Crab cake and king Prawn Puree all to our satisfaction! Yet, I was still sceptical about main because this is where most restaurants fail.

For main course we ordered various dishes just to size this place up. Rump steak,
Stroganoff, Chicken parmesan, Lamb shank. Served with chips, mash, mushroom rice and pasta. Good portion size, well presented especially the steak on a chopping board with miniature chip frying pan served with Mushroom sauce. Great novelty idea, was very impressed. My steak was cooked medium. Surprisingly, the main course was I don’t know…I was wrong about being negative and I take it all back.

This place from service to food, we loved it. The service was well mannered, polite, friendly and discreet. The same expectation I would have in any high class 5 star hotel with a twist of likeable and relaxed personality The food was different but in a very positive contemporary way, with a twist of Asian and Western twist. We can’t wait to come back with or without any offers. Unfortunately had no room for desserts but the Cookie Dough that was recommended looked great on the table that was served next to ours.

A point to note that there is no alcohol allowed here. Maybe this might be an option in the future but to be honest we didn’t mind because everything else made up for it.

Bless Tripadvisor, Living Social and all the staff at Ibrahim’s for their hard work.

1  Thank Frank H