“Check out the competition !!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 129 Nightlife in Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Check out the competition !!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is my 'local' but I'd rather go to any of the other pubs in the vicinity as the food and service here is terrible. Was tempted in again by the special offers but t be honest I wish I hadn't bothered. the management need to take their staff to a Wetherspoons to show them how it should be done.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Clarpo

Birmingham, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Why Can't They Get It Right?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have been going to the Digby for longer than I care to admit. Occasionally have had a good meal here...I say occasionally as I can count on one hand in 33 years the amount of times I have really enjoyed food there.
There is so much wrong with it at the moment and yet the place has a lot of potential. The play area/kindergarten - whats that all about? Totally ruins the atmosphere and we have seen people walk out because of it. Get rid Management.
Now to the food...my 'roast' chicken dinner yesterday was cooked to within an inch of the life of it's extremely hard skin! The Sunday dinner was NOT as described on the Menu. If they think peas constitutes veg then they need to be shown what a Sunday lunch should look like! (On the menu it had a photo of cabbage, carrots and peas! My dining companion received beef burgers instead of chicken - no point in complaining they NEVER address these issues - trust me.
Yes it is cheap but not always cheerful and doesn't the paying public have a RIGHT to expect decent food well cooked, despite the price? It isn't a bargain if you don't enjoy it.
Think I will avoid the Digby for a while to see if it improves.
Perhaps if more people did the same they might up their game. I would be ashamed of myself if I Managed this pub.
It's such a pity!