“Love this pub!”
Review of The Victoria

The Victoria
Ranked #7 of 135 Nightlife in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: We are lucky enough to be able to call The Victoria our home. It is a theatre pub dating back to the end of the 19th century, has loads of character and legend has it also it’s own ghost. We have given the venue a bit of a spruce up recently to enhance it’s appearance and bring out the character of the venue even more. We have also added considerably to the drinks selection on offer to include quality handpicked wines, cask ales and cocktails. During the evenings throughout the week at the Victoria we offer a range of interesting options for your entertainment.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Such a querky pub, have never tried the food but the beer is kept well and the cocktails are perfect, staff are friendly and attentive. Everything you want in a pub - but with exceptional cocktails!

1  Thank Frangellica O
VickyBirminghamUK, Manager at The Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi Frangellica O,
Thank you for this great review! Please pop in to try something from our menu soon.
Look forward to seeing you again :) Vicky

Reviewed 26 June 2014

After waiting at the bar for five minutes to be served I ordered two pints of Estrella. I passed my mate the first one and waited for mine. As the dregs ran into the second glass the heavily tattooed barmaid informed me that she was off to change the barrel and would top my dregs up to the pint measure! After a hot day doing physical outdoor work I did not complain as the need for hydration was more of a priority. The barmaid did not return to top my dregs up. When I complained to another bar man, he would not take my word. After 10 mins of finding the tattooed barmaid to establish I was not a liar but a genuine customer who wanted what he had paid for I was given a shot glass of Lager to fulfil my shortfall.
Stupidly I ordered another round and paid on my debit card for the four pints but actually paid for five!
After complaining I eventually got my money back 15 mins later.
Rather than be apologetic the bar man was slightly aggressive.
Lovely pub but the owner should think about sending the staff on a customer service course!!!!!

2  Thank Rtggjj
VickyBirminghamUK, Manager at The Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Hello Rtggjj,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive the high standard of customer service we pride ourselves on, on this occasion.

I understand you've spoken to one of the team already to put this right, if I'm mistaken or if you'd like to discuss this further please drop our General Manager Ed a line - manager@thevictoriabirmingham.co.uk.

Kind regards,
Vicky

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great drinks and nice atmosphere. Normally an excellent range of ales on and choice of good lagers and spirits. Never eaten here, but would be tempted as its a great place!

Hey Eden W,
Thank you for your great review. Really hope you visit soon and try something from our fabulous menu. Vicky

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had the club sandwich off the new lunch menu yesterday. It was very good but where was no the cheese? This sparked a lively debate of which the overall consensus was that a club sandwich should have cheese on it. This is not a complaint but a helpful tip. You're welcome.

2  Thank 687Simone1987

Hi 687Simone1987,
Thanks for the review and helpful tip ;-) passed to the chef!

See you soon,
Vicky

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited the Victoria a few weeks ago on a Sunday before Bank Holiday, only to find out that they decided to move their usual Sunday deals to the Monday, which was odd, so we ended up leaving and going elsewhere, however we returned yesterday (14/06/2014) and we are very glad that we did.

We decided to try out their burgers, I went for the Piggy Moo (A beefburger topped with puleld pork and sauerkraut), my partner went for the Black & Blue burger (double beefburger topped / filled with Stilton cheese). Both burgers came in a brioche type bun and with a (smallish) portion of their fennel coleslaw along with a decent portion of 'skinny' fries.

My burger was unbelievably good, the sauerkraut and pulled pork combo was simply stunning. Leading to my exclamation that I think it's the best burger I've had anywhere, I was truly sad to finish it.

My partner also enjoyed her burger immensely, and agreed that it was now her favourite burger from anywhere.

Along with a pint of their American Red Ale and a pint of lime and soda the bill came to just over £20, but believe me the quality of the food (and the rather excellent pint) meant that I felt it was amazing value for the money. Compared to the alleged, home made burger joints that are springing up this was stunning food at great prices, there is no comparison, The Victoria's burgers are the best in Birmingham without a doubt.

The venue itself is a lovely take on an old fashioned style pub. Quirky decor and equally quirky staff make for a very enjoyable place to visit.

2  Thank Fish_McFish

Hi there Fish_McFish,
We are so glad you and your partner enjoyed your visit.
We gladly and proudly except your award of greatest burger in Birmingham (hehe).
Thank you for such a fantastic review we really do appreciate the time you have taken out to write it.

Thanks again and see you soon :) Vicky