All reviews car park travel lodge drayton manor star city easy access all you can eat night stay rooms were very clean visiting the nec family room city centre stayed one night member of staff convenient location comfy bed genting arena budget hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Been here alot of times food isn't that great so would say eat out. Also you pay for what you get for comfort in rooms. I personally would pay about more and stay in the holiday Inn down the road. Rooms get really hot in the summer so ask for a fan as soon as you get there before there all taken. Internet is really slow aswel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Birmingham Fort Dunlop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Birmingham Fort Dunlop hotel.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with various aspects of your stays at this hotel.

Feedback is invaluable and a copy of your comments will be forwarded to the Hotel Manager.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We have been to the Fort Dunlop Travelodge before for the Christmas Markets in 2016. On that occasion as a disabled customer we were able to park underneath the Travelodge. Two years on and now they have a tiny car park with One disabled bay and on two nights were stayed we have to go inside and get staff to get people who work in the adjoining building to move their vehicles.

On arrival not only was a car parked in the disabled bay who isn't disabled, but a second selfish, ignorant female dumped her car in front of the dropped kerb. Meaning I have to wheel myself 500 yards down the road to get to another dropped kerb and then come all the way back again just so I could get into reception. Utterly Disgraceful!!

Thankfully the manager and assistant manger came out to deal with the matter, but it took at least 30 minutes before I was in the hotel. By this time I was cold and shivering and very upset, because I was made to feel like a second class citizen by ignorant people.

Once in the room all was well, with the exception of the wifi running slow.

My advise for disabled customers is think before you book at the Fort Dunlop Travelodge and be prepared to have to go more distance than an able bodied person to get into the reception area.

The manager and her assistant were very apologetic, but without further action taken by Travelodge there is nothing they can do about this

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Shaf from the Social Media Team. at Travelodge Birmingham Fort Dunlop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for reviewing our Birmingham Fort Dunlop Travelodge.

We're extremely sorry to hear of the incovenience you had with disabled bays in our car park and glad the hotel were able to resolve this issue.

Once again thank you for your comments and this will be passed on to the relevant department.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I arrived at 1am, having booked in for one night. All the parking spaces at the front of this hotel had been taken on this Sunday morning. This car park takes less than 20 cars, therefore you park thru automated barriers at a huge car park 50m further along the road. You receive a plastic parking coin to enable you to leave (all free) in the morning. The friendly staff explained all this to me at check in, plus breakfast options were explained too (£8.50 for a full English buffet). There is wheel chair access to reception from the small front door car park.
Only one of the 2 lifts were working to take me up to the 7th floor. My room (£89.50 for the night) was spacious, clean, with a Tv and comfortable. You get 30 minutes free WiFi every 24 hours. My shower enabling tap was missing, so I had to take a bath (which is not designed for tall people). I had a good night's sleep considering that this hotel seems to be on a main Birmingham Airport flight path. Generally very quiet.
Again, friendly new staff at reception in the morning. Good main route / motorway connections nearby. McDonalds are just along the road from this hotel (walking distance). I had a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask when booking. Get a room on a lower floor ref fire safety precautions.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Stayed here in May as a part of Dixons group, training academy next door so was convenient. Breakfast was good and staff always happy to help. Took the train to Birmingham station then taxi to the hotel, good motorway connection if you're driving and the car park is next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed on top floor room with a table fan in the room as it can get very hot in summer
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kev92lister
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Stayed here my extended family during a wedding, and it was brilliant!! Staff are friendly and helpful. Tala offered help with luggage which was quite unexpected, and they gave us rooms on the same floor!!parking next to hotel,breakfast was good!!Not far from Motorway..Will stay again..

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family