“Perfect if you just want a bed for the night”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre
Ranked #59 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect if you just want a bed for the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel loads over the years. The price is unbeatable and the hotel is perfect if all you need is a bed for the night.

I have only ever stayed on a saturday night, so yes it can be a bit lively but I have never had a bad nights sleep here. Staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms have now been refurbished to a clean, modern standard. I especially liked the new lighting!

The car parking is cheap, though it does fill up quickly so if you plan to arrive by car get there early to guarantee a space. I noticed this time that traffic wardens patrol the nearby residential streets, so I wouldn't risk parking in restricted areas!

Overall another troublefree stay and no doubt I will be back.

Room Tip: For a quieter stay, try asking for a room at the end of a corridor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were very pleased with the Etap hotel in Birmingham - despite being very cheap, the rooms were clean and functional and the staff were very helpful. We also felt that the continental breakfast was good value. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel itself is nice. However when we went to our room noticed the bed was very hard, looking under the matress we found a large peice of hardwood on the base, but the matress was more like a camp bed matress than a proper matress. We left a day early for were both suffering with extremely painful backs and also had a long journey home.

Unfortunately that made our stay much less than satisfactory, altho the Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean and tidy.

If the situation with the beds could be rectified we would be happy to return, but for the preservation of our backs we will not be returning any time soon .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be looked at. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I really recommend this place. I stayed for three nights while the £18 a night promotion was on. The hotel is very handy for Hurst St and Arcadian and also close to New St and the Bull Ring. It seems pretty new inside. My 5th floor room was modern and clean. The bed is basic but comfortable and there is an en suite shower and toilet and large flat screen TV in every room.

I hardly had need to contact the staff but they were really friendly and helpful at check in and check out. They asked which floor I'd prefer as there was plenty of choice of room. In retrospect I wish I'd asked for a room at the back as the A38 is very noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Defiantly a budget hotel, no shampoo , shower gel , no hair dryer, no phone , only 2 towels not even a bath mat. If your looking for spacious rooms don't bother. It's full of drunk teenagers making noise all night.you pay 4 pound for car park which isn' t bad. The "full buffet" is just cereal so don't get excited. Overall won't stay again , would rather spend a bit more and stay at holiday inn or premier inn.

• Stayed February 2012
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at the hotel appreciate your feedback, though. We value all comments and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to our development team for future consideration.