“wont be returning !”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Second time in this hotel, and definately the last. First time i got uber cheap price so couldnt possibly complain or grumble no matter what i thought. This time, paid just a fraction below what i would pay for a 'real' hotel.
The room i was allocated was one of the triple rooms. Immediately noticed how much smaller the room felt in comparison to the double room i had had previously. When lying on the bed felt very dark and small and cramped due to the fact that you had a bed above you. Had to take care when getting up from bed not to smack my head on the bunk above.
The pillows have to be the worst, most cheapest, most awful pillows ever invented. I even looked at the label to see what they were made of.. lets just say they werent 300 count egyptian cotton. Bed sheets of equally cheap nasty material. A very restless, sweaty, uncomfortable sleepless night.
Tiny shower closet right next to bed, not a single toiletry in sight. Tiny toilet with a useless flush. Noise from main road.
All in all... if you get the room for £20 ish a night, and expect nothing you will be okay. Otherwise avoid at any cost. I never understand the budget hotels pricing policies.. If your budget and offer nothing, then dont charge £60+ a night. Budget is budget. For £60 i could have stayed at a far superior hotel, with real amenities, bedding not made out of stuff i had to google to know what it was, facilites etc etc.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adam R
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre

Reviewed 13 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Hotel was very minimalistic, It reminded me of IKEA. Just literally bed, desk, & TV. Wet room ensuite was literally a "wet room". The poor camber on the floor meant that the shower water flowed in the opposite direction from the drainage hole on the floor under the shower. There was no where to put my clothes other than the floor, only my quick reflexes saved my clothes from getting soaked ! I then had to place a towel on the floor to enable me to walk on the floor without getting my feet soaked after my very quick shower !
This aside, it was clean & breakfast was ok. Staff weren't overly friendly - minimalistic, just like the hotel.

Room Tip: Turn off air conditioning when going to bed - it was very noisy !
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy M
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into the points you have raised.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed here one night over Jubilee weekend. Excellent hotel, basic rooms but very modern and for £25 what you expect! Very clean anmd staff very cheery and helpful.Parking just £4 for 34 hours. Everywhere is local so would reccomend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris0007
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Close to the centre, 10 minutes walk from New Street Station, and everything you need for a good night's sleep. The room is basic but well-equipped and clean, the shower is powerful, the breakfast is well worth the money and the staff are pleasant and helpful. Next to a busy road but no noise problems.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KerryG47
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last night for my birthday so I could shop in the Bullring on Saturday. We arrived Friday night and the staff were friendly and helpful. We took full advantage of the free ironing service in the reception area, and were happy to find out hotel parking was only £4 for 24 hours meaning we could leave the car at the hotel during our shop on Saturday.

The hotel is in walking distance to the Bullring which was good. The room was bright and clean but because our room overlooked the car park, the deliveries in the the mornings woke us up quite early and were very noisy.

Ive stayed in Etap before and this was definitely the nicest one i've been to. We would definitely stay again if we visited Birmingham again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abby b

So glad you had an enjoyable time at the hotel! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my husbnd and 3 children. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Birmingham. The location was within walking distance of new street rail station and the bull ring shopping centre, as well as the main shopping street. Breakfast was very good value £4.95 per adult (all you could eat) and the children ate for free. If i was going back to Birmingham I would stay in this hotel again. Ms Kenneally

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012