Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre
US$112
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$108
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,185 results
All reviewscity centregay villagetriple roomshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinrooms are basicminute walknew street stationcontinental breakfastreception areashort staywould stay againcar parkinggood nights sleepbull ringstayed here for one nighttea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed before going to a gig at the 02 arena. It was walking distance so an ideal location for that purpose The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the checking in system was very quick and easy. Great value for money. Very basic rooms but ideal for a low cost overnights stay. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Michal K, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review.

I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.

Michal Kuc | General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

A very standard looking bedroom of a standard size. My wife absolutely hated the room and wanted to sleep over in the car. I thought it was “okay”. The rooms are dead cheap, so I wasn’t expecting a grand slam room. The room is very very basic… it reminds me of the A&E rooms. The rooms have a small tv, shower and toilet. The flooring has no carpet, it does need some serious make over though to make it at least abit cosy. It was fairly clean, despite the criticism I really don’t think I can complain for what I paid. The hotel has a secure car park, I kept it overnight but then discovered the roads nearby were “free to park” in the evening and the controlled timing kick in before we had planned to check out. I can’t remember the exact timing but it was definitely free in the weekends so do have look around before parking up. However we did see 1 thief looking into cars on the road side as we left our car. We decided to inform the security guard who wasn’t bothered as his duty was just to “chill” within the hotel premises behind the reception desk. My advice would be to park the car at your own risk should you part on the street and ensure all valuable belongings are out of sight. The best thing about the hotel is, they provide FREE wifi. Amazing for the pricing you paid for the hotel! They offer brekie, but we didn’t have any so can’t comment on that.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Kind regards, Michal Kuc | General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Ok, so firstly I accept this is advertised as a budget hotel and paid less than £25 for the room, which is very close to the centre of Birmingham. So therefore you expect things to be pretty basic!

The plus side is that the room has a very good, powerful and clean shower. BUT - The room on arrival was FREEZING, not cold, but FREEZING... Put the heating on maximum before I went out and came back some 11 hours later and the room was still VERY Cold. It is next to a main road, and the noise of traffic continued constantly. Nice TV in room, but don't be fooled it does not work (out of a number of rooms booked I know at least 4 rooms had same problems)

The breakfast was extremely poor, very little on offer, and cheap plastic food.

It lacks the very basics you kind of expect in a Hotel... NO Hairdryer, No Tea making Facilities. NO Phone to contact Reception, NO proper hanging space for clothes. The toiletries consisted of a single, and very small bar of soap

Definitely not the hotel for me and I would never return, but if your looking for very cheap and very basic this is the hotel for you.

Many of the basic you expect were missing

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing main road
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Kind regards, Michal Kuc | General Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here last weekend for my friend's birthday, there was a party of 12 altogether and we booked several triples and several doubles. Brilliant location, within walking distance to the o2 academy which was where we ended up. The triple room has a double bed with a single bunk bed above it. As is the norm for all Etaps/Ibis Budget hotels, no it is not comfortable. The window doesn't open so you can't treat yourself to fresh air and the air con is non existent. Shower is in the actual bedroom with a translucent window, sink is also in the bedroom. Toilet is seperate. Luckily we were hammered otherwise we would have been bothered but at the end of the day, we paid something silly like 25quid per room and taking into consideration how near it was to the o2 and parking was 4quid for 24 hours we couldn't have been happier. That is, until you wake up the next morning with the hangover from hell in a stuffy tiny room and risk your life to get down the bunkbed ladder LOL but oh well gives you an excuse to get out ASAP (check out is 12pm!) I wouldn't recommend staying here for any other reason than to get p**sed up before you hit Birmingham because you will not sleep (we had our music on full whack without any complaints - thanks Ibis) Didn't try brekkie, there are walking distance eateries nearby such as The Victoria and some Indian restaurants/pizza joints (handy at 3am)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elmo1989_03
Michal K, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Kind regards,