“Practical”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We found it a liveable space for the one night. We had to take it in turns to use floor space for getting dressed. The telly had 100 channels, 97 of which showed static and the other 3 were bbc 1, itv and 4. Most places these days have freeview at least! There is no camera to the outside unless I mistakenly flicked by the channel during a rogue blizzard and confused it with static.
The room wasnt as clean as expected, it looks designed for an easy clean. The mugs had dust in them and there was some blood coloured splatter by the toilet on the wall.
I would stay here again as it is a decent budget room and I can cope with the odd bit of noise.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 2 March 2012

well not really experianced anything like it, not a bad thing teh room is in effect a pod, no windows, a HUGE Tv with teh bed slotted in agaisnt the wall, as a solo guest this was fine but if ifd been with someone this would of meant climbing over them to get up in the night, teh shower is a wet room combined, great shower, shame tehtoilet and sink got very wet, work space was ample for a lap top and theres a kettle for that morning cuppa, great location for teh Mailbox and Brindley place, parking opposite inan NCP, one night on buisness - but couldnt spend more than one night it would be claustrophobic, but for one night did what it said in a very modern minimilistic way

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bmwroadster
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed here about 5 times now as the location is perfect if you want to be central to all the shops, bars and restaurants. Most things are within walking distance which is the main attraction! There is a car park across the road (charges £13.50 for 24 hours parking) or is roughly 5-10 minute walk from New Street train station.
The down side is the rooms are VERY small, they are based on being cabin sized but shouldn't be a problem for one nights accomodation as a crash pad (as long as you're not claustraphobic). The bathroom is a wet room with a frosted glass door into the room so there is very little privacy so you need to know the person you are sharing the room with very well!!!
The staff have always been helpful and friendly and provided hints and tips of where to go. There is also a restaurant on site with reasonably priced breakfast.

On our most recent visit we were unfortunately kept up from 4-8am due to a large party of guests making a lot of noise and commotion and the security guard struggled to control them. We complained the next morning and were kindly offered another nights stay complimentary which the hotel didn't have to do... so now we have another reason to return to Birmingham!

1  Thank NaiomiMollie
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Hotel was brilliant we stayed here last year following an event at NEC - we chose hotel as looked quirky, had good write ups and was good price.

From train station only a fees minutes in taxi costing a few pounds.

On entering the hotel the check in staff we found were very helpful, not just on check in but throughout our whole stay.

The rooms were very quirky - rooms was very clean. Was strange to adapt at first with no windows in the room- don't think you could spend a whole week here, especially if you claustrophobic. But the room was great bed so comfy.

Ate dinner in restaurant also, both me and my partner had a home made cheese burger. It was absolutely delicious I would recommend it, breakfast in morning was also worth the money.

Would recommend to anyone - great value we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lil_missj87
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel was a nice standard with good quality fittings and a comfy bed. It was very compact and the rooms don't have any windows, but as a base when you're on a night out in Birmingham it's very reasonable and a great central location.

1  Thank crispy40
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The rooms are small but brilliantly designed to fit everything in (hanging space for shirt and suit was our only issue), and looks very trendy. Very quiet inside and friendly staff on reception. Brilliant location for shopping / nightlife. Good value for money- my only complaint would be the bathroom doesn't have a door, just a clear glass panel so no privacy there!

1  Thank GemsieC
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Room is very small - as I was expecting - but very sleek, clean and stylish. I was on my own so it was ideal. I was nervous about noise as there are so many rooms but it was brilliantly soundproofed - I had a vending machine outside my room and didn't hear a thing. I don't think hen/stags use the hotel because you really need to be a couple to share the room - I wouldn't want to share it with a friend or children but would be happy to with my partner. Very comfy bed - and fab big tv!
My only niggle was the reception staff - sometimes they were very friendly - others not. There was a problem with my booking - they said I hadn't paid (although I showed them my receipt and confirmation email) and the receptionist didn't apologise for the mix up - although on check out a different receptionist was extremely apologetic. Restaurant was empty on a saturday night and I was told I could only have pizza (which I didn't want) so went round the corner to the Mailbox where there was a great selection of restaraunts and a mini tesco (v handy).
an easy 5 minute walk to the station