“Very small. Not a hotel but a bed to sleep in”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Very small. Not a hotel but a bed to sleep in”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This is ok for a nights sleep and nothing else. Room is a little over a foot bigger than the bed. There are no windows so feels very claustrophobic. There is a wet room but it's plumbed over the toilet and sink so everything in bathroom gets wet. On the plus it's central and clean but parking is in a grotty multi store which is not undercover. All in all I'd opt for one of the budget hotels with a full size bedroom.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here with my friend on June 25th - 27th and had a really good stay I don't get why people moan as it is an affordable hotel and I've stayed in much worse for 4x the amount this hotel charges. The rooms weren't the biggest but we had plenty of room to store suitcases etc and we were really only in the room to sleep! The staff couldn't have been more helpful particularly the girl at reception on tue morning we asked for directions to bullring and the NIA and she was soo helpful even asked us when we got back how the shipping trip was (it's little things like this people notice) she was taking an interest in us which fairly a few hotels do! So give her a pay rise I didn't get her name but she had short black hair and was excuse if I'm wrong afro carribean. All In all I had a great stay and I WILL definitely be visiting again and recommending this to friends and anyone who is visiting Birmingham its a modern cosy affordable place to stay and I'll be back for sure!!!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Ayrshireguy88
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

i really enjoyed my stay at nite nite. the rooms were cosy and just for what we wanted it was perfect, would definitley go back for a night away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sinead j
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very cheap, excellent location, clean, exactly as advertised. Small pod style rooms with huge plasma tv, aircon, comfy bed. Probably not great for a long stay but for a night or two it's perfect!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MrMattg
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Don't have high expectations if you stay here, this isn't your typical hotel room. The room are tiny and really they are just somewhere to sleep. There are no windows and the entire bathroom will get wet when you have a shower. We only stayed one night (we were attending a event in Birmingham) and we knew exactly what we were in for. Still had a good laugh about how small they were. All said, the room was clean, secure and quiet. We would stay again if we needed somewhere cheap and convenient. The hotel is close to the train station and NIA Area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guin S
shrops
Reviewed 30 May 2012

LOVE this hotel. Yes it's small and compact- hence it being a pod hotel.

Exceptionally clean.

Modern and well decorated.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank orla0210
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Absolutely terrible, only stayed here 1 night and I stay in hotels about 150 days in each year but this is the very first whereby as soon as I opened the door I wanted to leave.
It is extremely claustrophobic with no window, head to toe bed that is wall to wall, around 6ft long maximum.
Our tv broke and switched itself off after 10 minutes so you can imagine the claustrophobia setting in pretty quickly!
The shower was ok but shares itself with the toilet in a wet room that also adjoins the "main" room by frosted glass.

There was no wardrobe as one wouldn't fit, no bin, nowhere to lay any clothes it was absolutely unbelievable and seriously if I wanted to stay on my own then this would still be too small! A smallest caravan room would feel more airy than this! The aircon was a massive failure as there is nowhere for the vent to be practically mounted on the ceiling where a cold vent SHOULD be instead they stuck it underneath the bed!? Needless to say the temperature was 25 deg c though out the stay and to get fresh colder air we had to keep the door open a while.
Reported the tv failure to reception and it was never fixed.
On checking out I again pointed out that no one fixed it and the foreign girl thanked me for letting her know!?

I am not joking if I had a choice to stay here or sleep rough then I certainly would never stay here ever again.

I have never written a review for a hotel even after all the many different places that I have stayed but as this was so terrible I had to take time outgo warn others!

Room Tip: Don't book it!