“Good Night at Nitenite” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Northumberland, UK
“Good Night at Nitenite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I needed accommodation in the centre of Birmingham for one night so I thought I would try the Nitenite Hotel in Holliday Street  Birmingham, West Midlands B1 1TB . Previous reviews seemed good and I booked a room for less than £50.
The friendly reception staff dealt with me efficiently on arrival. My compact room was clean and well thought out and offered everything I required for my one night stay including tea/coffee facilities. The shower worked well, with ample hot water available. Soap and shower get were supplied, the bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep.
The free WiFi worked efficiently and the room had a very compact but clever lighting control system. There is ample seating in the public areas and a couple of desks had cables to connect computers to broadband if you didn't have WiFi.
There's a cafe bar next to reception which I didn't try but the menu looked OK.
My arrival after dark and departure at 7.45am the next morning meant that I didn't exactly miss having a window and the TV does have a channel that gives an outside view, so the lack of a window wasn't a problem.
The hotel is in an excellent location, there are numerous bars and restaurants nearby and I took a short stroll to Broad Street where I dined in the local Wetherspoons.
For a single person requiring a night or two in the centre of Birmingham I think this hotel offers all that is required. However I suspect that it would be an interesting challenge for a couple and I know my wife would not have appreciated such confined surroundings!
I would stay again so that says it all.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Nice small room with big tv & a shower room but breakfast isnt much,its £5.50 if u order when u arrive,it says buffet but cause its quiet the cooked breakfast is made to order. You would get cheaper & bigger choice in town centre. All you got was bacon,sausages,mushrooms,beans & scrambled eggs.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Stewart R
York, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

The Nitenite is perfect for the ICC and even though the rooms are small, they have everything you need. The bed was very comfortable and the wet room had one of the best showers I have experienced in a hotel. The cafe served a very good cooked breakfast with all the extras like coffee, juice, cereals and croissants for just £7.50. The reception staff and cafe staff are extremely polite and welcoming.
The only bad thing I can say is that phone reception and the free WIFI are poor. Overall, I will definately book again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TheYorkshireMillers
St albans
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

No TV because there was no remote in the room. No free WiFi (There main selling point) and the rooms are so small you cant bring a case in your room with out falling over.If your tall man like my self (6ft3) you wont fit in the bed if, I had to sleep at an angle.. And the rooms where freezing and took over 5 hours to warm up with the heating on. Crap Hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed here whilst we were visiting the NIA. The room was small - yes - but the website clearly states this before you book. I have to admit the noise of the air con annoyed me at night, but it wasnt until the morning that i realised you could turn it off, so that was my fault.

Our friends also stayed here - but had an issue with the lights (they didnt work) - but this was quickly sorted, and a new room found (just next door)

The front staff are ok, but we asked for directions to the NIA and were told 'its very close, just go left right...etc) not having been to Birmingham before, we got lost!

The hotel room was clean and fresh, although the see though bathroom door took a bit of getting used to.

If you just want a room to lay your head, this is great. If you want a luxurious places to hang out...this is not the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window - you may not get one....but at least you have asked
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Silvermanson
cambridgeshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Me and a group of friends stayed here at a weekend. The hotel is conveniently located for Broad street, NIA and central Birmingham, very clean and reasonably quiet. The rooms are tiny though but reasonably comfortable. Wasn't bad value at £54 but the fact the rooms have no window natural light, very cold and too small puts me off returning

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I booked into here to join friends in Birmingham so read no reviews or details before my visit. The rooms are just a cupboard with a bed and ensuite, no window, no wardrobe or drawers just 2 fixed hangers on the wall. I had the room to myself and couldn't imagine trying to share. You cannot hear your neighbours but can hear other guests in the corridors. The TV is huge but who would want to stay in this room long enough to watch anything? I stayed 2 nights and that was 2 nights too long. The bed was surprisingly comfortable although I didn't sleep at all well due to the noisy airconditioning and feeling of claustrophobia. On my second night I found my bed had not been made, the quilt was ok but the sheet underneath was all rumpled exactly as I had left it after a very restless night. Then horror, next morning no hot water in the ensuite, had to boil a kettle to wash! Yes there is a kettle and 2 plastic cups for coffee/tea. Good location but overpriced. Reception staff were very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends