“Modern hotel great location!”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #71 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel just for a night out in birmingham. Small rooms but does the job. TV in the room was really big at the end of the bed, loved it!! As the rooms have no windows it did feel as though you were on a cruise ship type of room, but no bother what so ever. Was really convieniant. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The hotel is really lovely. The rooms are small but very modern and clean. The only thing that lets the hotel down is Saint Beni. This is by far the worst establishment i have ever been into.
The cafe is on site of the Nite Nite hotel which was ideal. After a heavy night out about the town, a full english breakfast was greatly needed and the thought that we only had to roll out of bed and walk downstairs to get it sounded like a dream. The waitress who served us was extremley friendly and accomodating as we ordered the breakfast and explained that we would be able to have it as a buffet. She went into the kitchen and started to prepare the food. As she did this, we started to make our toast only to find that the bread had mould on it. This was changed promtly and fresh bread was then brought out. The waitress then started to bring out some of the food. Rather than it being brought out together, it was brought out as it was cooked, which meant that the food that was out was cold by the time the rest came. Not only that, the food that had been brought out was not particularly cooked very well. My version of scrambled egg does not resemble watery mush! By this point we had decided that we would be better off asking for a refund and perhaps eating elsewhere.My friend asked the waitress if it was possible to have a refund, to which the response was.."Do you know what? Yes you can you snotty [--]!" After asking the waitress if those words actually came out of her mouth, she replied with "Yes!" My friend explained to her that her manner was not professional and again her response was abusive and told us to impolitly leave the restaurant. We asked to speak to the management and explained that we would be writing a complaint and unfortunately she exclaimed that she was the management and continued to verbalise her thoughts in an inappropriate manner, calling another one of my friends a "[--]!" in front of other customers. The refund was given, but not in full which had to be rectified
I can honestly say that i am astonished such a place is still open if this is the way that customers are treated and unfortunately reflects badly onto the hotel as it attatched to it.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 766kayt
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I generally pay in advance for my hotel bookings and did so with this. I was fully aware the rooms where going to be small , windowless and basic but you don't spend much time in them.

First impressions were of a modern hotel and it appeared spotlessly clean. To be fair there's not much to get dirty. We had an 'adapted room' as we wanted twin beds ideally. We dropped our things and went out straight away.
However on return we realised The bed was uncomfortable , the air conditioning difficult to control and the TV was enormous , ridiculous when you think you cannot get more than six foot away from it. I struggled to get comfortable and in the early hours I ended up pulling the mattress onto the floor. As I tried to get comfortable I noticed details like the crisp white sheets had small holes in them and the base of the bed now exposed was covered in dust. The wifi whilst free was slow and unreliable and whenever you flushed the toilet the pipes groaned loudly. You could hear everything on the corridor and it almost seemed to be amplified.
As a health care professional I applaud their attempt to provide accessible rooms. The bathroom was bigger than the bedroom with a shower and seat , there where rails everywhere and the toilet was raised. It did seem rather odd though to be seated on the toilet facing a full length mirror.
After some discussion with the reception staff the next day they could not do anything about an uncomfortable mattress . They did not offer to allow us a change of room despite having just changed rooms around for a group of young men.
I had been prepared to stay the second night and put up with the room but the attitude of the staff combined with being tired led me to using the hotels Internet and making a last minute booking at the nearby Jury's Inn. Bliss.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed on 27.03.13 and paid just £29. Small walking distance from the o2 academy and plenty of restaurants and bars. I did find it very odd not having a window in the room but for the amount paid and for a short stay this was extremely convenient and cannot fault the cleanliness throughout the whole hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney F
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed on Saturday 25th November there was 7 of us there for the villa v arsenal match and for mine and my dads birthdays so we made a night of it.

On entrance to the hotel the exterior is fresh and new looking,reception is very clean and tidy and the are staff pleasant.The bedroom are somewhat small ok for one person really or if a couple then maybe just the one night,there are no windows but they are very clean and fresh with a flatscreen tele on the wall.
The bathrooms are adequate and clean also!
The only downside to This hotel really though is the parking! There is a multi storey car park opposite which i think is the britania but can't remember the costs but was ok because there was a group of us so not too bad! If ya can get in a free spot just before the entrance which is opposite the hotel then go for it but its only free after 6pm if I remember rightly and all day Sunday!
But it was Saturday I stayed so may not apply to weekdays! So check before you book or give the hotel a ring.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Damiancarlin
Reviewed 16 April 2013

... the rooms have no windows.... Which is something it is clearly stated everywhere. I was very curious about it, since I thought I was going to find the quietezt hotel room ever. I was wrong.

There was constantly a very annoying "engine-whisteling" like noise, not very loud, but clearly audible. Furthermore, when someone was walking the corridor, it was looking like you were having a couple of elephants racing outside your room! Definitively not a quite hotel.

Rooms are very small, but comfy enoug if you are travelling alone no longer than a couple of nights. Bed, shower, the free wifi and the location of the hotel excellent were excellent... The price of the room amazingly cheap... but I will look for another option in my next visit to Birmingham.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

booked this hotel as a last minute option the day before staying (10.04.2013) and didnt know what to expect. the room is small yes but we managed without fault and there was two of us.

bathroom was large with gorgeous rain shower in a wet room design.

bed was a full double size with 42in tv situated at the end only down side was only one pillow and tv needs some order to the channels.

no window but i loved it as even at 11am the room was pitch black and i could of slept all day.

this hotel is a hidden gem and i recommend to anyone and everyone

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple