“Excellent Value For Money”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Myself and my partner, recently stayed here as a request for my birthday. We arrived at New Street station in the pouring rain & checked in late after a bit of miss direction on my part! Receptionist very nice and let me have a hair dryer on the house without having to leave a deposit.

Funnily enough, the accommodation was bigger than I expected! Lovely comfy bed and fully soundproofed room with mood lighting. Only flaw was the bathroom door magnetic disk was missing so our door swung open but with a bit of DIY our end was sorted. Bed was exceedingly comfortable and the late checkout was appreciated.

Would highly recommend for a inexpensive stop over!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abbi L

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I travelled to Birmingham for work purposes. The hotel looked slick and contemporary from the outside, and it's a short walk from New Street station. The receptionist spoke like a robot, not a warm welcome, and I had to allow a £50 authorisation on my debit card in case of damages (we've had lots of groups of males wreck our rooms). The room is windowless, compact and bijou, and fine for a lone traveller. I liked the style of the cabin type room, which is basically a bed with a massive TV at the end of it, with a narrow walkway to the side. There's a perfectly nice en suite shower room. I wouldn't want to stay here with my boyfriend however, there's just not enough room.

Pros: egyptian cotton bed linen, beautifully clean and silky smooth. Very comfortable bed. Very friendly barman. Nice and quiet despite being in the city centre. I slept well.

Cons: The cafe bar stops serving food after 8 pm. The free WiFi only worked for about 5 minutes at a time. The receptionist's patter sounded like a recorded message. No hotel/local information in the room. The TV didn't work, which I think is essential for a lone traveller, when I asked for help at reception, I was told to remove the keycard from the control panel, (which controls heat, light, and television), sit in the dark for 5 minutes, put the card back, then press the power button....it still didn't work.

Overall, what should have felt like a bit of a 'work jolly', felt a bit miserable. I was hungry, and bored. If I get sent to Birmingham again, I will book a room elsewhere.

Room Tip: There's no lift. I you have trouble with stairs, or heavy baggage, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stay here for one night as I had a meeting in Birmingham city and I've never stayed in a room like this before.

When i booked they did explain what the rooms were like and the website does show it well so I kind of knew what i was getting, well worth the experience I think!

Very comfy bed, everything you need just i personally like a window and little more room.

Clean, comfy, friendly faces on arrival who helped with local advise.

Would I stay again, maybe yes but no longer than one night!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Two nite stay for 2 people. The standing room (about 3ft x 5ft is just too small if there are two in the room.
Bathroom was reasonable size.
Adjoining restaurant was closed except for breakfast - under new management. But dozens of eating places very nearby at Brindley Place or the Mailbox. Breakfast was a good basic buffet either continental £5 or full English £8.
Excellent location for ICC, museum and shops.
Parking is expensive, £13 per 24hrs.
As others have said noise is a problem (we were on the ground floor which has only a few rooms) but the doors are thin and badly fitting.
There is no storage shelving just two fixed hangers.
The hotel is ideal if you just want to crash for the night, travelling with just a toothbrush, in somewhere reasonably cheap and can sleep through the noise from the corridor and adjoining rooms. - the hotel is a good concept but not fully worked through.
The staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Ground floor is supposed to be quieter as a short corridor with few rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times and genuinely enjoyed it , but was treated very badly by being bounced to another VERY ANGRY. Despite booking three months in advance upon arrival was told my party of five was being transferred to another local hotel and upgraded. The hotel was nearly two miles out of the center and a two star tired dump. We were late for our function and embarrassed for my group to have to stay in such a flee pit. Will be expecting a apology and refund.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobertCat07843
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed here for the one night with my partner. It is very modern, so nothing needs refurbished and its all very clean. TV is HUGE; maybe a little too big for the size of the room but we just lay there watching films, cocooned together. There is no window but we didn't miss one and I do see it as a bonus as the hotel is situated near the city centre, so less noise. Comfy bed. An en-suite wet room adjacent with shower, toilet, sink and mirror.
If you don't like small rooms or are a technophobe then this is not for you but we loved it :) We would come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

very good place, nice room in spite of their size, i would not consider them as a normal house, it is just for a while, you can enjoy it.very nice place, their in the city centre, you have the mailbox round the corner and many other things just around

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends