“NiteNite...sleep extremely tight?”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #72 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Visited birmingham for a few days with another couple and decided to stay at the nitenite hotel as the location was great and the reviews seemed good enough considering we didn't plan on spending too much time in the hotel anyway. When we got there we were told we would have to pay £50 deposit unless we paid by card-we were nit told this at time of booking. The reception staff didnt seem very proffessional and a male member of staff stood staring at both me and my sister the whole time booking in with a smirk on his face which made us feel very uncomfortable. When we got to the room we were shocked as it's more of a pod than a room! It really was tiny! However once we got used to the size of the room it was fine. Our room was very clean, quite trendy. The bed was huge and comfy, haven't slept so well in years, maybe the lack of windows helped with that as we woke with no idea of what time of day it was! The shower was very nice but being as it was a wet room going to the loo meant getting wet feet! The room my sister and her partner were in had blood on the bed sheets and the shower door wouldnt close. The receptionist in the evening was very proffessional and informative of the best local places to visit. Overall we did enjoy our stay. We would visit again as its great value for money and the location was convienient. If you plan to shop till you drop or stay longer than a few days then perhaps a stay in a hotel with a larger room would be more appropriate as there really isnt space for anything more than a small suitcase.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very small room but very clean with comfy bed and good shower. Central and really good place to crash after a night out but would feel claustrophobic if you were in there too long without a window. Can here some noise from corridor and next room but nothing out of ordinary.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am writing this as i am in my room.
Kettle didnt work. Heating didnt work so bedding felt damp.
Returned to reception and offered a cup of hot water. Was shown how to use the kettle and told to.wait. Ten minutes later rang reception to advise. 20 minutes later and checked out of room and requested another one. Would have checked out all together however decided to stay as the night was going. £47.50 for this is a joke.
Basically pack em in. It was booked for me by my secretary who went by the web site pictures. Please dont let it fool you.
I dont think the staff are too sure what thye are doing but expecting me to carry from reception back to my room a cup of hot water.
Anyhow never again

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Booked for overnight business stay with teen daughter. Not disappointed. Everything you need in one small package. Don't stay here if you like large rooms and windows, otherwise you can't go wrong. Stylish modern public areas, well placed for visiting Cube, Mailbox and The new library. Clean, comfy, cozy rooms, with excellent 'wet room'. Big TV, plenty of lighting options (to compensate for lack of windows) air con, towels, toiletries, even tea & coffee! Only tiny complaint is sloping edge to desk. Things (like cups) slide off easily! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The rooms are the smallest I've ever stayed in, and as I was travelling with a friend they were a little too cramped. But you get what you pay for and it was very cheap. We had a twin room which was about 8ft by 15ft, that's the entire room. Bathroom was also small and we were given a disabled one.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a friend get separate rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

What an amazing hotel! Perfect location! Less than half the price. I came on the train and went to the ICC up the road, all in all took two mins to both... staff are wonderful! Nothing is too much trouble, rooms spotless, infact never been in a hotel so clean. I usually stay at the crowne plaza - I won't be doing that again! Plus I saved over £100 per night!
All I can say is, those who winge on here are just money grabbers! Nothing wrong with this hotel at all!
If your going to brum? Book this hotel!
You won't be disappointed- FACT!
I've already told my friends about it! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TOLA I
Reviewed 28 October 2013

my husband booked this hotel for my birthday stay in Birmingham.
the staff where friendly and the room was very clean. we did not
mind there being no windows and the room being small. as we
spent most of our stay exploring Birmingham. Have already
recommended the hotel to friends who are looking for value for money
and a good service. If/when we come to Birmingham we will be looking to
stay at this hotel again. Enjoyed our time away :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple