“Almost perfect for our needs”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #65 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect for our needs”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here last night to meet up with some pals for the evening.

Well, It wouldn't be any good for any more than one or, at the most, two nights because there is no storage space for any clothes. But for one night it is just near enough perfect.

The room is very compact but the bed is one of the most comfortable I have slept in. I will admit that I wouldn't want to share the bed. Simply because of the way it is up against the wall. So for couples.... maybe not. But still, just for one night it's not that much of a compromise.

Never used a wetroom before but it was fabulous. Roomy and very clean and lovely poweful shower that was nice and hot almost immediately.

The reception staff were very informal but very friendly, pleasant and helpful.

And the reception / lounge area is lovely. Lots of books and games if you wanted them. Comfy chairs. Very relaxing. We were actually going to spend the evening in town but it was so busy and rowdy that we just came back to the hotel early and sat in reception with drinks and coffee chatting listening to music on our phones. Very quiet and relaxed.

I had requested ground floor in the booking and my room was just a few yards from the lounge area. Perfect.

Just two gripes. The towels in the wetroom are a wee bit on the small side. And it would have been nice to have more choice at the bar in the lounge area. Nothing except bottles of lager / cider or soft drinks. No wine or spirits. But really only mentioning that for balance.

Recommend it to anybody. Lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Visited birmingham for a few days with another couple and decided to stay at the nitenite hotel as the location was great and the reviews seemed good enough considering we didn't plan on spending too much time in the hotel anyway. When we got there we were told we would have to pay £50 deposit unless we paid by card-we were nit told this at time of booking. The reception staff didnt seem very proffessional and a male member of staff stood staring at both me and my sister the whole time booking in with a smirk on his face which made us feel very uncomfortable. When we got to the room we were shocked as it's more of a pod than a room! It really was tiny! However once we got used to the size of the room it was fine. Our room was very clean, quite trendy. The bed was huge and comfy, haven't slept so well in years, maybe the lack of windows helped with that as we woke with no idea of what time of day it was! The shower was very nice but being as it was a wet room going to the loo meant getting wet feet! The room my sister and her partner were in had blood on the bed sheets and the shower door wouldnt close. The receptionist in the evening was very proffessional and informative of the best local places to visit. Overall we did enjoy our stay. We would visit again as its great value for money and the location was convienient. If you plan to shop till you drop or stay longer than a few days then perhaps a stay in a hotel with a larger room would be more appropriate as there really isnt space for anything more than a small suitcase.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very small room but very clean with comfy bed and good shower. Central and really good place to crash after a night out but would feel claustrophobic if you were in there too long without a window. Can here some noise from corridor and next room but nothing out of ordinary.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am writing this as i am in my room.
Kettle didnt work. Heating didnt work so bedding felt damp.
Returned to reception and offered a cup of hot water. Was shown how to use the kettle and told to.wait. Ten minutes later rang reception to advise. 20 minutes later and checked out of room and requested another one. Would have checked out all together however decided to stay as the night was going. £47.50 for this is a joke.
Basically pack em in. It was booked for me by my secretary who went by the web site pictures. Please dont let it fool you.
I dont think the staff are too sure what thye are doing but expecting me to carry from reception back to my room a cup of hot water.
Anyhow never again

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jeff P

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Devon
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Booked for overnight business stay with teen daughter. Not disappointed. Everything you need in one small package. Don't stay here if you like large rooms and windows, otherwise you can't go wrong. Stylish modern public areas, well placed for visiting Cube, Mailbox and The new library. Clean, comfy, cozy rooms, with excellent 'wet room'. Big TV, plenty of lighting options (to compensate for lack of windows) air con, towels, toiletries, even tea & coffee! Only tiny complaint is sloping edge to desk. Things (like cups) slide off easily! Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Gorey, Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The rooms are the smallest I've ever stayed in, and as I was travelling with a friend they were a little too cramped. But you get what you pay for and it was very cheap. We had a twin room which was about 8ft by 15ft, that's the entire room. Bathroom was also small and we were given a disabled one.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a friend get separate rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

What an amazing hotel! Perfect location! Less than half the price. I came on the train and went to the ICC up the road, all in all took two mins to both... staff are wonderful! Nothing is too much trouble, rooms spotless, infact never been in a hotel so clean. I usually stay at the crowne plaza - I won't be doing that again! Plus I saved over £100 per night!
All I can say is, those who winge on here are just money grabbers! Nothing wrong with this hotel at all!
If your going to brum? Book this hotel!
You won't be disappointed- FACT!
I've already told my friends about it! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo