“All you need”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
“All you need”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Nearly next to The Mailbox, 5 minutes from New Street train station and with parking nearby, this capsule hotel was ideal for an overnight stop. The bed was very comfortable, the wet room excellent, even the toiletries were nice - more than I hoped for at £40 a night.
Arriving hideously late I found the staff welcoming and helpful. They also pointed put the on street parking was free until 8 am when I rang to check directions.
I'd have liked slightly thicker walls but over all I was delighted. I'll definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We arrived and were warmly receive and were able to drop our bags off early. The hotel is easy to find and very close to the ICC. the communal area is lovely and modern. On entering the room yes it was small but suited our needs.
The room was clean, however the sheets smelt odd also you need to be careful when showering as this can come in to the bedroom. Also the was the issue of noise. The hotel is built on top of the train line so you have a rumbling throughout the night as well as the noise from the other guest with the corridors being so narrow.
The other big issue we had was breakfast a horrid espresso coffee and a piece of bread to me is not breakfast also considering the images on the website there was a large breakfast bar. and it was £3.00 wasnt overly impressed.

On the whole the hotel is clean and suited our needs for a shopping trip, I would stay again but would not be caught out by the rip off breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main communal area as its quieter
1 Thank Karina H
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Having never even heard of NiteNite previously, and only happening to stumble across it via Trivago whilst looking for a cheap room for the Birmingham German Markets (which, on a side note were awful this year due to the sheer amount of people in one small city!) - We booked NiteNite based on its close proximity to New Street station, Broad Street and the German Markets. The hotel was a short 10 minute walk from the station and was 5 minutes from the markets, but still far enough away you didn't get any of the noise you'd expect.

Check in was a breeze, we were required to pre-authorise £50 by card on arrival incase we broke anything and was given room 002, ground floor. NiteNite boasts the rooms are like an Oasis, I'm not sure what their definition of Oasis was but I was more than pleasantly surprised by the room, it is small, yes, but it's by far and away the most comfortable room I've ever stayed in. Flat Screen telly, nice comfortable bed (more pillows would be nice though) and an amazing shower. I did love the air conditioning worked perfectly as it did get quite warm in there! Everything worked as it should, which for the price of £50 for a room on a Saturday night(!) during the German Markets(!!) we thought was an absolute bargain.

We used the bar for a couple of soft drinks on arrival back from a night out and we found their prices were not the typical over-inflated hotel made up prices but similar to what you'd find in your local, another plus point in my opinion as I'm sick of being charged through the nose for drinks and food in hotels. The staff were amongst the friendliest we've come across too!

All in all, would we return? Definitely. As another reviewer stated, don't book this place and moan about the size, it's clearly advertised it's smaller than average and it actually makes it for a pleasant, unique experience and one I think will most certainly catch on. It's the future people!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were apparently the quiestest!
1 Thank MrJimmish
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed over at the Nitenite because of its brilliant location and price! Absolutely perfect for an overnight stay with everything you need. Clever use of space and spotlessly clean. Please do not book to stay here and moan about the space, it clearly states how small the rooms are on their website! Thye do exacly what it says on the tin!

Room Tip: There is no wardrobe only afew hangers on the door so be prepared! although there is storage under t...
Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Absolutely brilliant hotel. I cant say enough good about it. The reception staff were friendly and professional (especially the pretty one with the fake furry ears on her head), the reception drinks area (and the little one above it) were warm and inviting and the price was fantastic.

Now, the room.

I absolutely loved the room. Yes it was small, but thats the point. There is nothing extraneous about it at all.

The bed was really comfy, the small table held that things I put on it and the bathroom/wetroom was lovely. The shower was great, the controls actually worked, it was clean, hot and got the job done.

There was no window. Pffft - so, what do the want to look at? The side of The Crowne Plaza? The main road. There was a TV but I didn't use it.

Anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the city centre, and doesn't have a massive overnight bag with them will love this. Hell, if you're just hooking up with someone, choose this place, you find the shower is more than accomodating for at least 2 people (more than 2? Don't be greedy!)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel was a big surprise mainly by the size of the room! The length of the room was the length of the bed and the sink and the toilet were in the shower...easily the smallest room I have ever stayed in. But having said that, it did have everything I needed, I had a great night's sleep and was definitely value for money in Central Birmingham. The only thing that lessened my stay was the £25 pre-authorisation in case I broke anything...bit harsh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend shared a room at this hotel on the night of our company Xmas party. I must admit that I had low expectations given how cheap the room price was. I was pleasantly surprised by the service at reception, the high standard of finishin the room and how modern it was. I also forgot my hairdryer and was able to borrow one from reception for the duration of my stay for a £5 deposit.

I will definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues in the future.

• Stayed December 2013