Nitenite Birmingham
Agoda.com
US$131
US$48
Good 3.5/5
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
US$154
US$62
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,150 results
All reviewswet roomnite nitecontrol panelrooms are smallone nightbroad streetsmall deskdouble bedglass doorcity centrelay your headnew street stationplace to sleepwhat it says on the tinstorage spacevending machinelarge tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Firstly we had requested a twin room and the one bed was underneath a shelf and the only way I could sleep on it was to pull it out and block the door causing a fire hazard. We asked to change rooms based on that reason and also because the shower head was halfway down the wall. Me and my friend had to share a double room. Service was very poor as we had to change rooms several times and not one apology was given for the inconvenience caused, we were made to feel like a burden. Location is fantastic but really isn't worth the money at all.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were ignored by the receptionist when we arrived in the empty lobby and then when we found our room, we realized that the picture on the website was very misleading since the room was VERY tiny and gave you the feeling as though you were travelling in a ships economy cabin.

There were no windows, no lock on the bathroom door, no hair dryer (I later discovered from reading the small print on the 'hotel' information sheet that you needed to pay a deposit at reception to get a hairdryer), not enough supplies for 2 people to drink a cup of tea or coffee, not enough table or storage space for luggage for 1 nights stay so we had to put all of our stuff on the floor (including clothes).

The clients that stay at this hotel were obviously very young and boisterous because we were kept up till 4am by people running down the corridor, large groups singing in the corridor, doors slamming which shook our bed, fights and arguments erupted outside the room and at one point a girl was sat outside our door crying loudly. I have to take into consideration that it was New Year's Eve but still, I don't think you would get that amount of disruption in a more upmarket hotel.

I have stayed in plenty of Premier Inn's & similar budget hotels for a lot less money and had a much more enjoyable stay. We found this hotel very overpriced for the accommodation and since we got very little sleep I found even the name of the hotel misleading. We won't stay again. This should not be titled a hotel but rather a hostel and frankly I've stayed in nicer hostels. Massively over-priced.

The restaurant and swimming pool I have given a terrible rating as I didn't even know they had these!

Room Tip: Pack lightly as there is little storage space.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cara F
BirminghamGM, General Manager at Nitenite Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Cara, I am truly sorry to hear that the service you received from one of our guest service assistants wasn't to the standard we strive to deliver. I will personally spend some time in retraining the staff to improve the customer service we offer.
Nitenite is a concept hotel when compared to a standard hotel, meaning a lot of the normal facilities are stored away from the room but are available on request.
We strive to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable experience when staying with us, but also recognise that on occasion other guest can ruin this. We will always do everything possible to minimise the disruption to others when we are made aware of nuisance guests.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Hotel was brill! Lovely place tiny rooms but with everything you need! Clean and very very modern! LITERALLY just round the corner from broad street the main bar street!! PERFECT location!!! Would defo stay again!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I booked this as part of a quick, cheap visit before christmas to catch up with relatives near the city centre. Great price for functional and no-frills facilities.

The location is great if you know Birmingham. A stones throw from the Mailbox and the restaurants on the canal, with all the shopping you could hope for, its tucked away position could lead you to overlook this one as an option.

As I said, no frills so don't expect lavish luxury in the room. Compact and bijou in the extreme however, if you are visiting the city and just want a place to set your head at night as I did then this is the one for you. No good for families but as a solo visit this was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Nearly next to The Mailbox, 5 minutes from New Street train station and with parking nearby, this capsule hotel was ideal for an overnight stop. The bed was very comfortable, the wet room excellent, even the toiletries were nice - more than I hoped for at £40 a night.
Arriving hideously late I found the staff welcoming and helpful. They also pointed put the on street parking was free until 8 am when I rang to check directions.
I'd have liked slightly thicker walls but over all I was delighted. I'll definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business