“Brilliant”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my two children stayed here and loved the place. I thought £55 for central Birmingham was a great price. The staff were extremely polite, welcoming and helpful which made both me and my children feel at home. The rooms are small but I was expecting that anyway yet we found with coats hung up and bags under the bed, we also laid out clothes for the next day amd placed them under there, that there was ample space and the bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to people who wanted value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
BirminghamGM, General Manager at Nitenite Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Everyone here at nitenite Birmingham is thankful for your nice comments and these will be passed on to the team at nitenite. It’s great to know that you made use of the space and enjoyed your time here with us. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Nitenite Birmingham

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a stop over in Birmingham. Check in was swift.
Rooms are small but this isn't something that's hidden, it's part of the business model. Bed was very comfortable and the large TV with HD channels was a nice addition. Complementary soap and body wash which was also a surprise in a budget hotel! Only criticism is no signage to the ironing room.
Would definitely stay here again but do bare in mind the rooms are comparable to an inside cabin of a small cruise ship/luxury yatch.
Didn't try the breakfast but at £36 per night you can't go wrong! Way better than other budget chain hotels!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlasgowNick

It sounds like you had a pleasant stay at nitenite cityhotels Birmingham. Thank you for your kind compliments. We apologies for the lack of signage to the ironing room and we will definitely take your comments on board for improvement. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on Saturday 11th January. We'd booked at relatively late notice as it was an impromptu stay; somewhere to crash after a friend's birthday night out but check-in was seamless.

We couldn't find the hotel car park upon arrival so parked in the secure multi-story across the road (which cost us £13.50 for the 24 hours we were there - fairly reasonable)!

The lobby of the hotel is my kind of thing; vintage inspired hardwood floors, huge leather sofa, armchairs, massive bookcase and cute coffee tables. Decorated and accessorised like a vintage tea shop mixed with an IKEA showroom. The lady on reception was very helpful and informative (she later booked us a classy taxi to get to our friend's house).

Our room (009) was small. The website states the rooms are small and without windows so we weren't surprised by this. I have a tendency to feel easily claustrophobic so I was initially anxious but the huge flat screen TV and clever use of mirrors, lighting and air conditioning meant I felt relaxed and comfortable.

The double bed was only accessible via one side (the other being against the wall), so I did have to clamber over my boyfriend to go to the loo but that wasn't an issue for us.

The bathroom is a wet-room with a powerful shower, heated mirror (great as it doesn't steam up), loo and sink. Towels, soap, shampoo and loo roll were provided. There's a small bin in the wet-room too.

The main bedroom, due to its small size, didn't have a wardrobe but two hangers on the wall and one on the door. This was fine for us as we only had one outfit to hang up. There's storage under the bed for bags and shoes. There's a small desk area (more like a shelf and stool) but it was the perfect size for applying make-up, leaving our wallets and charging our phones. We also used the tea and coffee facilities that were provided to make a much needed cup of coffee in the morning. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but saw a small breakfast bar with cereal and juice etc as we left. The later check-out time was much appreciated!

We didn't experience any noise or disruption during our stay, the hotel appeared to have a mixed clientele with mature business folk, young backpackers, families and couples who all stayed harmoniously.

Neither of us could quite believe what a pleasant stay we had for such a small amount of money (£45). We slept soundly, felt safe and secure and were well looked after. Some other reviewers have complained about the size of the rooms - yes, they are VERY small, but the hotel does state this on their website and on booking sites, plus, we don't tend to spend much time in rooms when we travel, unless it's for a summer holiday/relaxing getaway, so we didn't mind at all. As a base to stay, somewhere to rest your head (as others have said, another pillow may have been nice), and sleep soundly in a 'cool' environment, we loved it.

Negative comparisons have been made by other reviewers to Premier Inns and Travel Lodges which are similar in price, but I think this hotel has more character, more spunk! The high-tech control panel which controls the lights, air-con etc was fun and easy to use. All of the same facilities are there in a modern environment. For us, this hotel was not comparable to a hostel. The cleanliness, facilities, quirkiness, service and security are nothing like any hostel I have ever stayed in; nitenite was far superior. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Be aware - the rooms are VERY small and without windows.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie_C89

Thank you for your kind compliments on the hotel and the constructive feedback. We aim to please all our guests and it’s great to know you enjoyed your time with us. Your review will be passed on to the team here at nitenite Birmingham.
In regards to the car park, unfortunately the hotel does not have a car park and the multi storey you parked in is the one we recommend, so it’s good to know you used it.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Unlike many of the reviewers for this property, I had fully researched the hotel before arrival, and knew exactly what I was getting myself into. Despite having low expectations, I was still disappointed.

I stayed for one night and didn't use the room a great deal, but space was extremely limited, and it proved very frustrating. The only space to keep clothes (and I didn't bring many) were via two hangers - which were bolted onto the wall - and a very small desk seat. By the end of the night, I'd literally run out of desk space and had to start moving remaining belongings onto the floor.

The bed was comfortable, and the LCD TV offered a good choice of Freeview channels, but there was a lot of noise from the corridors (mainly doors banging), and this prevented a good night's sleep.

The 'wet room' door didn't close, and thus a lot of water went straight into the bedroom. The shower was hot and functional, but the overall experience was still a chore and far below the expected level of comfort and convenience - especially for £70 a night, which is by no means cheap.

Service was also disappointing. I arrived an hour before the advertised check-in time, and was told that no rooms were available yet, which is understandable. I was offered to wait in their reception area until the room became available, and was asked if I'd like a coffee, which was a nice touch (or so I thought - when I checked out the next day, they charged me £3 for it!). Alas, they didn't tell me when rooms became available, and it was only when somebody else checked-in did I realise that I no longer needed to be sat there doing diddly squat. Not a huge deal, but sometimes it's the little things.

In summary, I didn't feel as though I got value for money, and would be extremely unlikely to return. If I did, there's no way I'd pay more than £30 for the night. There's some great hotels in Birmingham, most of which are reasonably priced, so I'd suggest checking out others and keeping this as a last resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AntSimons
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed in Birmingham overnight for work and had been booked into the Nitenite.
Yes the rooms are small but they are just meant for sleeping in, don't book this hotel if you want to sit on a balcony reading the morning papers over coffee!! The bed was lovely and comfortable and the room had all the necessary amenities.
The wet room was great, the shower very powerful which is just the wake up call you need in the morning.
The hotel was clean and there was a small selection of breakfast cereals. This is a great hotel of you are looking for one or two nights and just need somewhere to rest your head.
Staff were polite and the location was a stones throw from the city centre.
I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

nitenite are really thankful for your review and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Ideal for an overnight stay. Small but perfectly formed. Plenty of spacious social areas downstairs.I couldn't believe how quiet it was - right in the heart of the city. A few minutes from the Broad Street restaurant areas and the Birmingham Rep. Staff brilliant. No hairdryer in the rooms but if ask at reception there are plenty available.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pam W

Thank you for your comments on the hotel and our team, I will pass on your compliments to the nitenite team. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is the hotel with the smallest rooms in which I have ever been staying! Rooms have no windows and it's not cheap either! We had just a backpack, but if you have a suitcase there will be no space to open it! Duvet was too small for 2 people and was quite freezing!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple