“Night out with friends”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a place to crash after a girls night out, it's a fab hotel, the rooms are windowless pods that are clean, comfy and practical, the reception area was lovely with lots of comfy seats, and the staff were really friendly and helpful, totally recommend this hotel if you need a cheap stopover.

Stayed: July 2014
BirminghamGM, General Manager at Nitenite Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am really pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay and the reception area. I will also pass your comments on to our team and thank you for the recommendation. we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Positives -
Good central location
Clean
Comfy bed
Modern
Car park just across the road (£13 for 24hrs)
Shower powerful
Able to cool room with 'air con' type cooling
Cheap as chips (£35 for a Fri night)

Negatives
Not sure I could have tolerated staying with another person, really would have been pushing it space wise.
Staff did not explain control panel on wall, difficult to work out.
Light very dim in bathroom.
Shower wet the full bathroom floor, had to use towel to dry floor else would have been paddling in it overnight when using loo etc.
Only 2 towels provided, no mat.
Corridors a maze.
Sleep disturbed by late night revellers shouting at stupid o clock. I asked for a quiet room but don't suppose you can avoid these things...
Slightly disorientating when there's no window, was glad to get out in the morning for some fresh air.

All in all it was ok I guess, can't really complain for £35. Would I stay again?? Maybe....

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at nitenite Birmingham. I thank you for your comments and take them on board. There should have been a direction card given to you on check in that explained the control panel in the room, so i do apologise this was not given to you. I also apologise for our noisy neighbours and hope you re join us for a stay again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Have stayed here a few times, only for one night. The design and use of the space is very imaginative, a bit like a ships' cosy inside cabin. This is great if you have travelled light and are only using the place as a sleeping base, it would be claustrophobic to spend too long in your room. Bargain price but very clean throughout, everything works and staff very helpful. Convenient location for Central Birmingham include shopping and concert venues, with a pay car park almost opposite. The only thing that might improve it is slightly better lighting in the wet room so it's easier to shave!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, so no need to pick anything specific
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking time out to write your review of nitenite Birmingham. I am really glad to hear you found the use of space imaginative and have summed up the design very well as the original concept was based on a luxury Yacht Cabin! I take your comments onboard regarding the lighting in the wet rooms and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Well located off the busy Broad Street. Walking distance to most good bits. Room is tiny but fine for one, a couple woild not manage. Seems secure but nowhere to put valuables. Reminds me of my student digs but smaller! -

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing your review and we're pleased to hear our superb location met your requirements. I take on board your comments about secure storage in the rooms and will work on a way of letting all our guest know we actually have a safety deposit box room in reception, sorry you wasn't made aware of this and look forward to welcoming you back for a night at nitenite in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my friend. Had a pleasant stay here. Friendly staff. They explained the control button inside the room clearly. Small, Clean and cozy room. The bad part is there is no window. You'll not know when is day and night. Haha.. Will recommend it to other friends of mine :)!

1  Thank Siao Rainie T

Thanks for writing the review of your recent stay, sound like you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for recommending us you your friends! We think the no window is the quirkiest part of nitenite and can have it's benefits... we look forward to welcoming you and your friend back in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here after a night out in Birmingham. The rooms are "pods" without windows - but you do get a massive TV at the end of the double bed which shows real time footage of outside.
Great for a one night stay. Bed was comfy, bathroom was great and water hot.
The rooms are small, but I didn't find this a problem.
If you want a quiet room, make sure you ask on booking. I did, and I had a great nights sleep and wasn't disturbed once.
I would recommend this hotel. There is a car park right across the road from the hotel which is fair in its price for overnight. I recommend doing this than park on the street as the wardens come out early and your likely to get a ticket! Parking in Birmingham is a nightmare!
I recommend this hotel. I loved the novelty of the pod and the staff were nice and helpful and the lobby is beautifully designed.

Room Tip: All rooms have double beds - so good for couples or solo. If you want a quiet room, ask for this at...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank PepzMachine

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it's great to hear you enjoyed it and experienced the rooms to their full potential as well as enjoying some of the facilities on offer.
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night as I was going out for a work night out in the city, the reason I chose this hotel was location, price and the 12pm check out time.

The hotel is approximately 10 min walk from New Street, not far from the Mail box. I did end up walking a long random route on the way there, but that was due to the GPS on my phone taking me via Board Street. I gave up on that and then found the hotel easily. Situated on Holliday Street, near the Axis Building and at the bottom of Bridge Street. There is parking near by, but it is not free.

The hotel itself looks very modern on the outside, next door to an apartment block. The entrance and reception is nicely decorated, very modern and inviting. The staff member on check in was friendly, explaining a bit about the hotel and checking me in quickly.

My room itself was clean and tidy and small. But the size was to be expected as the hotel promotes itself on the in room information as basing its concept on the capsule hotels in Japan.

The rooms are windowless and a room key card activated panel near the bed controls everything, lights, powering the kettle, room temp etc. Its quite a useful tool, you have many lighting options and it really adds to the cabin theme of the room.

The bathroom is a wet room, very basic but clean and did the job. The shower had an issue with losing pressure occasionally but it wasn't too annoying for 1 night.

The bed was a super comfortable double bed with a memory foam mattress and a lovely warm duvet. It was much appreciated to after a night out.

The only strange thing was waking up to a pitch black room at 8am due to the lack of windows but I can't complain too much as having no windows means no outside noises of the city so its a very quiet room other than the occasional loud passer by in the corridor outside.

The check out in the morning was simple and easy, staff member wasn't as polite as the night before but that's how it goes sometimes and it didn't ruin my experience.

Overall this is great hotel with comfortable, clean rooms and in a brilliant location for staying in Birmingham City Centre. The small cabin theme rooms are a great idea and reasonable priced. The only thing I would say is if you're staying for more than one or two nights the rooms may become a little claustrophobic, especially if two are sharing one room.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CrackedTeapot

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
It's sounds like you had a great stay and found the location to be great for what you were doing whilst you were here. I take on board your comments about the GPS on your phone and will look at including a more direct route in our new smartphone app thats due for delivery in the next month or so. Were really quiet proud of our efficiencies when it comes to checking in and out and glad you found these along with the service to be good. We look forward to welcoming you back to nitenite Birmingham again soon.