“It is what it is...”

Ranked #66 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Hereford, United Kingdom
“It is what it is...”
Reviewed 13 January 2009

Me and my partner stayed in the NiteNite for one night mainly for a little shopping. I'll break the review down so you know exactly what to expect.

Location: Brilliant, down a quiet street, 5 minutes walk to the Mailbox and a selection of restaurants. 10 - 15 to New Street station and Birmingham City Centre. Can't be faulted at all.

Room: As has been stated in many reviews and the website, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Rooms are very small, though very well appointed and everything you could possible need is in their including; Tea and coffee making facilities, large TV, great shower if not a bid impractical due to the fact it shares a room with the toilet, so your feet will get wet when you need to visit the toilet. I found the bed to be very comfortable.

On the negative side the heating system is awkward, we couldn't really figure out what was happening, resulting in us either being too hot or the complete opposite. No windows, again I can't really mark the hotel down on this as we knew this before we went to be honest one night without a window didn't present me with any problems though I can imagine after a few nights you would begin to feel like a hobbit.

Parking: Across the road 24 hours for £13 not too bad in Birmingham.

Staff: Room was tidy when we entered, only met 2 staff during our visit, both were friendly enough and answered any questions we had with a smile.

Breakfast: The hotel does not include Breakfast in it's rate, which in my opinion makes the hotel expensive for just a room, water, electricity and a cup of tea. Unless of course you get a deal like us at £22 a night and can't really complain. There is a little restaurant next door, but from our experience it is VERY expensive and not at all worth it.

Overall we enjoyed our night at NiteNite and would recommend it to anyone who asked, just be aware of what your getting into before you go and everything you should be fine.

• Liked — Location and new experience.
  • Disliked — Nothing in paticular, though the air conditioning/heating seems to be a general issue.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank RichardTheGreat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Fantastic once again! Great modern and stylish hotel!

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel for the second time at nitenite. Stayed for 1 night 10/JAN/09. Yet again i was impressed with the hotel. Fab service and room was spot on!

• Stayed January 2009
1 Thank travelagentdean
Birmingham
Reviewed 11 January 2009

I've read some of the other reviews and some people absolutely loved it! I must say that that was my initial impression. The bathroom was great, the lighting was customisable and there is also a webcam of what's outside, shown on the giant TV.

After I'd got to bed though, I barely slept at all. I had a shower beforehand which made the entire room steam up, which wasn't very pleasant. I'm not normally a claustraphobic person, but I was sick for most of the night and didn't get any sleep. I had assumed I'd get a great night sleep as I wouldn't be woken up by the sun in the morning - but it was just an odd experience.

There are vending machines in the corridor and a kettle with tea/coffee is provided in your room. There are also only two coathangers. There is a separate room with ironing boards provided.

If you don't think a lack of space and an odd feeling is going to cause you problems - then go for it, but personally I'd not visit again due to my reaction to it last time.

• Liked — Location, modern building & cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lack of windows & claustraphobia
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 051119
Canterbury
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Stayed here for a cuple of nites. Great Value and just what we needed. Location was good, just a short walk from the mailbox for loads of food and drink options. Not to far to walk to the station for train to NEC. I would definately use this hotel again for a short business trip.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — bathroom
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank valueformoneyplease9
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I can't quite remember how I stumbled across this hotel but as soon as I saw the photos I couldn't wait to book and stay. I'd never stayed anywhere like it!

I have to say it didn't disappoint. Yes the rooms are very small, yes the TV is very (almost too) big, but that's all part of the charm. The hotel is excellently furnished, the beds are comfortable and the room was more than adequate for a young professional away on business. The staff were friendly, helpful & professional and the price was excellent (which is very important when the NHS are footing the bill).

There were a couple of problems: the air-conditioning/heating unit is on the floor so doesn't really affect the temperature of the room very well; the mobile phone signal was almost non-existant in my room.

Fabulous location, great price, interesting rooms & good food in the restaurant/cafe attached. I wouldn't recommend it to a claustrophobic but for someone looking for a cheap, stylish place to stay in the heart of the city, you can't go wrong at the nitenite.

• Liked — Price, location, funky teensy rooms
  • Disliked — Temperature control, mobile phone signal
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Cheshire England
Reviewed 26 December 2008

Stopped here for the Birmingham Half Marathon for one night, have stayed here before, always a great place to stay, rooms very clean and a reasonable price.

• Liked — Price of room.
  • Disliked — Can be a bit noisey on Weekends from other guests
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2008

The negatives:
We knew what to expect. The rooms are SMALL. Very, very small. The TV is too large for the room (yes, really...). The "wet room"/bathroom gets on my nerves as once you've had a shower every time you enter the bathroom your feet get wet (and cold!).

Our room was absolutely freezing no matter what we did with the heater/aircon. However our friends staying a few doors down were boiling all night. No wardrobe or storage space at all.

The positives:
Location is good in the centre of Birmingham next to the Mailbox.
Bed was comfy. Staff were pleasant & professional. The common areas and bar/cafe are nice.

To summarise:
For the price of the room (even with a discount from LateRooms.com) you really don't get very much. Personally speaking for this type of hotel I think they charge too much - however for 1 night out in Birmingham or a similar short trip I suppose it's adequate. Just not my cup of tea...

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple