“Great concept - badly executed”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #65 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London
“Great concept - badly executed”
Reviewed 10 August 2009

In concept this should be a great hotel, especially for business travellers, but it just did not deliver.

When I travel for work I want a few things, in order of importance:
1. Comfortable Bed
2. Good Shower
3. Free Wi-Fi
4. Room Service
5. Iron in room
6. Fitness centre

This hotel delivered only half of these, admitedly the top 3 but it has prompted me to add some extras:
1. A window
2. Mobile reception in the room.

If you are considering having more than 1 person stay in a room I'd direct you to their own website. en-suite rooms a a huge 6.8 square meters. You cannot comprehend that till you see how small the rooms actually are.

Would I stay here again: NO.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Greek_Geeza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed here for two nights and couldn't wait to leave. To be honest, we should have known what we were getting into, we had read the reviews on tripadvisor but were still unprepared for the size of the rooms. It was just not our cup of tea. If you are not inclined towards claustrophobic feelings and you don't need daylight, stay here. I can imagine some people will not be bothered, most staying here were just down for the weekend to go out partying and did not seem to bothered about where they were going to stay (or so it seemed). Many revellers coming back to the hotel at all hours, waking up everyone on the corridor. I would pay the extra few pounds to stay in the City Inn.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

yorkshire
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Arrived a couple of hours early before allowed check in time, and the receptionist let us check in there and then no problems.the room, tiny but accomadating for a good nights shut eye.one night is plenty enough for a visit and did the job.an extra night here and my claustrophobia(which i never knew exsited until my stay here)would of made me nauseus.the rooms are like cabins on a ferry but without the bobbing.one more niggle,average volume whirring noise that seemed to be coming from the bathroom in room 155 was a little annoyance.switched all remote apps off and removed door/app card but still whirrrrring.overall, good for one night only.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 9 July 2009

A very different approach to a hotel but one that works well (for a short period at least) the rooms are minute but perfectly functional and the free movies were a bonus though watching a 42inch screen from 7 feet away took a bit of getting used to. My daughters absolutely loved up and spend time using the free wifi to show their friends round the room via the webcam. Great central location, and the parking charges reflect that, but all in all great value for money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
West Midlands
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I found the hotel was in a good location for the shops & nightlife. The rooms are compact but comfortable.The reception staff were very friendly and extremely helpful
especially Tracey who i think was the manager who was most helpful witha problem i had.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Maidstone
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I have just spent two nights with my son in a double room at Nitenite and it was absolutely perfect for what we wanted. Somewhere cheap and clean in a good area of Birmingham is not easy to find and Nitenite are crystal clear about the fact that you get it by sacrificing room size. However the room is perfectly fine if you are not loaded down with luggage (actually, we had two small backpacs, a suitcase and an acoustic guitar in a hard case. Plenty of room if we put stuff under the bed). The place was spotless. Movies (good, up to date ones), WiFI, bottled water, tea coffee and toiletries all provided free. The staff were polite and helpful and the location excellent for the city centre. You could even get room service.

Would recommend unreservedly, at under forty quid a night this is a complete bargain.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now. Each time has been an enjoyable experience. I rang the hotel at 9am on the morning I arrived in Birmingham to ask if I could leave my bags in a room until I could check in. The receptionist said she would check me in as soon as I arrived. 15 minutes later I was in my room. Excellent service.
It is definitely NOT a hotel for a long stay with loads of luggage. But for a one or two night stay with hand baggage, its ideal. You get a bed, a 42" plasma, and wet room. FREE wifi, FREE movies, FREE bottled water I just can't praise it enough.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo