“Cheap, but claustrophobic”

Nitenite Birmingham
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 September 2009

I stayed at the hotel on Tuesday night while on a business trip. It seemed like a good idea to stay in a hotel designed like a yacht.

It is the smallest room I have ever stayed in, not much more than 6 foot x 7 foot. The biggest problem was the lack of a window and lack of an air flow. I felt quite claustrophobic and had to rely on my alarm to tell me when it was morning.

The hotel was clean and relatively cheap. The bedroom carpet was looking a bit grubby. If you are just looking for somewhere to sleep it will be fine. There is no car park, but I was able to park for free between 6pm and 8pm at the parking meter space at the front of the hotel.

On the plus side was free wi-fi and free movies in the room. Tea/coffee and shampoo.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Nitenite Birmingham

Reviewed 21 September 2009

Myself and 5 friends stayed here on a recent trip to Birmingham, during our stay we visited Jongleurs which was 5* - fab night out and I highly recommend. The hotel was clean, ideally located (about 5 minute walk to Broad street) and the staff were very nice and polite.
As advertised the hotel is basic and has no windows, which is quite disorientating when you first wake up in the morning as you have no indication of the time! The bed was very comfy and the TV was big - it showed several blockbuster movies, Twlight, Australia, The curse of benjamin button and Gran Torino which were completely free.
There were free bottles of water in the room aswell as tea and coffee making facilities plus the tea and coffee of course.
The room reminds me of a cabin on board a cruise but having said that I would recommend this hotel for a 1 or 2 night stay, anymore and I think you would get cabin fever!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I was encouraged to stay here by the great reviews. I can only imagine that the reviewers are young and like the "trendy" concept of staying in a windowless room the size of a broom cupboard.

The concept appears to have come from that of Japanese capsule hotels. The room was very clean, but at 6.8 square metres, the smallest I have ever stayed in. The only place to sit was on the bed, at the end of which was a huge TV. Certainly it had free films as well as the usual channels, free bottled water, en suite "wet room" - almost as big as the bedroom, but the "hip" language used throughout I found grating.

A cafe was on site serving burgers and pizzas, notwithstanding that there were restaurants around the corner serving a better selection at similar prices. Breakfast was poor - the promised selection was not available and at 7.30, they still seemed unprepared for guests, and for the price was expensive.

I could have booked a standard hotel - with breakfast included - for the same price. If you are young and think this place sounds hip - go for it. If you are middle aged business traveller like me - avoid.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We stayed at the birmingham nitenite hotel for 2 nights at the end of August , The hotel web site had made it clear that the rooms were 'compact' , so we expected what we got , which was a very reasonably priced centrally located hotel room - near enough to walk everywhere in the city, bullring , ICC , canal system , the t.v was almost too big for the room size , taking up the whole of the bedroom wall !! The reception staff were friendly and helpfull , handing us a free map and pointing out places of interest.
We liked it and would stay again

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank supercoolnick
Reviewed 20 August 2009

It is located just less than a minute from Broad street, very clean and stunning looking hotel, inside and out....I will be returning very soon!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TwmCrwn
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Stayed here for 1 night for a city break to experience the nightlife & shopping with my boyfriend. We booked via internet for the special August rate of £34.99 which was fantastic value! Yes the rooms are tiny but we were prepared for this as the room sizes are stated on the website and there's plenty of warning on here. The room size didnt matter to us as all we really needed was the bed & shower. We were very impressed by the cleanliness and by our fun and modern surroundings. Also free wifi & decent movies in rooms.
Staff were very friendly and helpful when we asked for our bottled water (which wasnt already in the room) and we had to ask for extra towels and milk.
I would say the ajoining bar/restaurant is moderately priced but offers excellent service and a good breakfast buffet.
Location couldnt have been better for us as Broad Street is on one side & the Mailbox and city shopping on the other, but the hotel was still suprisingly quiet! We parked opposite the hotel in the Britannia carpark which was £14 for 24hrs.
I wouldnt recomend staying here for more than 2 nights as you have to live out of your suitcase as there is no storage space for clothes etc so you will end up climbing over everything.
I can imagine there are worser hotels in Birmingham for 3x the price we paid. I would definately stay here again, thank you nitenite.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clb1982
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I stayed here for three nights. The location is very convenience as it's very near to both the shopping areas and the concert hall! The room is small but cozy. Love the size of the bed. Also, I had a good shower. I arrived couple hours before check in time but receptionist let me check in. The reception staff was nice and helpful especially the manager Rory, who was extremely helpful with my problems. The price is very good for a clean room near city centre with good service.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo