“Delicious”

Little Bengal
Ranked #406 of 2,192 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff were friendly and could't do enough to help. We were not rushed at the end and the food came quickly and was absolutely superb. I had the lamb for main and a beautiful fish masala to start - faultless. Piping hot and no oily surface. The accompaniments were gorgeous. Recommend to everyone - we're off again tomorrow. Being able to take your own booze is another plus ... as if you needed one!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff and always delicious food :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

In the short time that Little Bengal has opened, I have been four times... just because of how lovely and good value for money it is... food, staff and the place itself are all lovely.

Each time I've gone I've had different dishes and loved every one of them, there's even a £10 deal if you go on certain days in the week, adding to the attractiveness of it. The staff are always happy to help and advise you on what meals to try judging by your taste.

Really is a lovely place and I recommend anyone try it.

1 Thank Lou P
Birmingham, UK
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

First visit to Little Bengal ... but it definitely wont be the last!

Everything from the starters to the mains were cooked to perfection and I can only agree with the previous report regarding the quality of the lamb which can be a difficult meat to cook properly.

Well done to Abdul and the staff, you have a little gem on your hands with this restaurant.

3 Thank nilocrm
“Exquisite ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This new Indian restaurant is a stones throw from my house. It was always on dangerous ground as we have several Indians nearby that are all of a good quality.

I have to say, this beat them all!

Me, my mother, brother and my friend went to the restaurant on a Saturday evening, unbooked. The place was fairly busy but the waiting staff accommodated us quickly.

I ordered a starter of lamb Tikka and a main of butter chicken (a much milder choice than I usually opt for) and a side of plain nan bread.

Although we had to wait a fair while for the food, when it arrived, it was absolutely fantastic. The quality of the meat was second to none, the lamb and chicken alike sliced in half with the faintest encouragement of a knife. The taste was superb, and all my companions agreed that this was the best local Indian we have had for many years.

The staff seemed overwhelmed with the compliments we gave which was also reflected in our tip. I would definitely 100% go again.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Value and Tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Ate here with my son on Thursday 13th March 2014. Leaflets around the area were the inspiration for the visit, and with the restaurant being a "BYO" it looked interesting.
Very pleased with the tandoori chicken balti (lots of flavour and lots of the actual curry) and the chicken bhuna was great also. Naan breads fresh and buttery.
The "BYO" kept the price down to £23 for the two of us; this included pappdoms with chutneys at the start, and ice cream to finish.
Will certainly visit again. Gives the others in the area a run for their money, and did I mention it's a "BYO"(!!).

• Visited March 2014