“Small quite restaurant with not the best of average food”
Review of Little Bengal

Little Bengal
Ranked #350 of 2,275 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Came for the first time because I seen it opened fairly recently and thought is try it out
The food was out late and it wasn't even that busy, only about 3-4 tables on a Friday night so dead atmosphere. The food wasn't as hot as I was expecting and some of the staff were not very literate, couldn't understand exactly what I was saying. The first and last time I come here I think

1  Thank Kuntakente
There are newer reviews for Little Bengal

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Coventry road as went to the NEC.
Hotel recommended the Indian next door.
We looked on trip advisor and found this one.
Hoping for the experience that is a curry in Birmingham, we weren't disappointed !
We booked table for 2 and were greeted by friendly staff who opened the door for us to enter.
We were informed the restaurant does not sell alcohol and were advised of a local Iceland where we could get some drinks and informed we could have ice and drinks refrigerated and not a problem to go back out.
My partner popped out and on returning we were quickly served our drinks and then given time to look over the extensive menu.
We asked for some advise and were delighted at the "Nothing is too much trouble" service we received.
After an array of starters we were given time to digest before being asked if we were ready for mains.
The food was truly delicious and we ordered way too much but tried our best to finish as was soo lovely.
We chatted with the staff who were interested in our reason for being in the area and shared some advise on a restaurant near us in Devon.
We spent 3.5 hours there, chatting and eating and felt really comfortable and welcome.

Could not fault anything except not having the ability to finish the food.
When the bill arrived at under £40 !!! We questioned if it was correct as was just amazing value for our experience.
I'm now looking for reasons to get to Birmingham again so we can return to the Little Bengal.
Traveling from Plymouth it is a trek but well worth it.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Not the best restaurants I have been to but I do like to give every restaurants a try. but it doesn't have the wow factor

1  Thank cervena
Reviewed 12 May 2014

As a regular at another local, I thought I would try Little Bengal this evening for a takeaway and was really pleased.

We had a selection of starters and mains and the food was absolutely delicious. Service fab. Restaurant atmosphere wonderful. My usual is still my absolute fave but I will definitely be dining here again.

It's a take your own alcoholic drink venue by the way.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have been several times and food and staff are great. Another plus is that you can take your own drink.