“Cheap and cheerful way to kick off the holiday”

J D Wetherspoons Birmingham Airport
Ranked #706 of 2,192 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our award-winning pub provide the very best customer service experience, with superb quality, choice and value, in both food and drinks. We serve a vast range of drinks from cocktails, excellents ales, Craft Beers to Champagne and Prosecco. We cater for all ages groups and families and hope to send you on your travels in high spirits.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful way to kick off the holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

It has almost become a tradition to kick off our holiday with a hearty fry-up in Wethers BHX. The staff are always friendly, there is a nice black guy who brings your brekkie out - he is there every time I fly! I particularly like how you can people-watch from the balcony, there are stairs to get to Wethers but a lift if you can't be bothered with such a feat. No it isn't gourmet food but neither is anything in an airport!

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Is this REALLY a Wetherspoons???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Firstly, I have no problems with Spoons...you know what you'll get quality -wise and its generally good value. The prices of both drinks and food here are extortionate for B'ham standards(e.g £4.40 pint of ale,)The breakfast we were served was appalling, sent the bacon back twice(undercooked and potentially dangerous). As everything in Spoons is measured out and portion-controlled they couldn't offer me a fresh replacement so eventually the manageress(?) offered an extra sausage but no apology. Food wait 40 mins (it was busy to be fair). I am dubious as to whether this really is a genuine Spoons outlet as other reviewers have slated this place yet nothing seems to be done .I'm sure chief Tim would be alarmed at these reviews. Awful, I'm afraid but they get away with it as they rely on visiting trade not regulars.

• Visited April 2014
Kitzbuhel, Austria
“Warm welcome and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The restaurant was clean and tidy, and the staff very friendly. Our food arrived quickly and was nice and hot. Afterwards we went to the bar area (not a bar area but it was just more away from where everyone was eating). The drinks were priced nicely like always, and the staff were always smiling, even with our irritating drinks orders!

This was everything you expect from a Wetherspoons.

• Visited October 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Just OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well, this is not the best place to eat by any standard. I have had my breakfast there today. I ordered Eggs Florentine which were overcooked and the presentation was dreadful. Having said that, Birmingham International is notoriously horrible in terms of food and the only advantage of Weatherspoons is that they run tickets in under 7 min (at least my order took about 7 minutes to reach my table). Would I recommend eating there - no. However, in the absence of anything decent at Birmingham International, I might eat there again. One thing that is kind of shocking about this place is the number of people drinking beer and brandy at 6 a.m. in the morning...

• Visited May 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Dreadful breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had breakfast at Wetherspoon at Birmingham Airport airside before flying to Dublin. We arrived at 8am and feel that the breakfasts were probably cooked at around 6am. My first choice had been for the french toast, which they said I could not have because of my dairy allergy as the bread had butter on it, if this had been cooked fresh it could have been made without butter quite easily. We both had the full english breakfast, the bacon was overcooked, only part of it was edible, it all looked and tasted dried up, I did not have the fried egg but my husband who did said it was so rubbery you could not get a fork in to it. We feel it was definitely over priced for the poor quality of food that we had.

• Visited April 2014