“The Staff onsite are awesome, the Apartments not so much....”

The Spires Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 19 December 2012

As a business traveler spending 2 weeks in Birmingham I was looking forward to the convenience of an apartment combined with the great City Center location. When I arrived the unit I was provided had a number of electrical and cleaniness issues (half the lights did not work, there was mold in the shower and I don't think the carpets get vacuumed or cleaned on a regular basis). The second unit I was provided had no working Wi-Fi and as a business traveler this was a big issue (I ended up contacting G5 myself to let them know about the issue and turns out there were equipment issues they did not know about). The third unit I was moved to was good. The staff on site are awesome but I get the feeling they dont get the corproate support necessary to make repairs and upgrades. I found it very hard to believe the units were only 5 years old. The furniture and beds are terrible quality and the picture tube TVs are not capable of showing the HD picture the cable provides. If anyone from The Spires corporate office reads this, please give your great B'ham staff some help and get the units in a presentable state you would be proud to share with any type of guest, business or leisure. Until they are upgraded to a acceptable standard I will not recommend them to my co-workers who travel to B'ham quite a bit.

Room Tip: Apartment 144 is a good unit and great location. THe Wi-Fi also works in there.
3  Thank JFM94583

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed overnight on business found the apartment excellent, the service very good and the value spot on! It was nice to have my own facilities, kitchen, lounge area and bedroom. For the price I paid I would of struggled to get anywhere half descent!!
Positioned just behind the Mailbox and close to Broad Street, I think that this will become one of my regular haunts.
My main advice would be to keep checking the price and get yourself a bargain.

1  Thank Robbiblue
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The suite I stayed in was great - I didn't expect it to be an apartment! All the facilities I could have wished for in the kitchen - wish I'd been there longer and had more opportunity to cook! The bathroom was great, with a luxurious bath - a rarity in many hotels these days - although it was a little too hot in the bathroom, and I couldn't work out how to turn the radiator off/down! I struggled a little to get in, as the code I'd been sent at the time of booking didn't work at the front door, but thankfully someone who worked there was able to let me in, even though it was after reception closed. Was glad I had my phone so I could then find out the key code for the safe to get my room key though! I think it would be useful if reception were open later (I arrived at about 7.30pm) but understand there may not be much call for this. That said, I would definitely stay again, as it was very comfortable and had everything I could have wanted - it would be a great place to stay for a few days. I can't comment on the location/what's nearby, as I took a taxi from New St Station in the evening and another back there in the morning!

1  Thank LizzieLollipop
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Apartment was fine but there was absolutely thoughtless.provision for guests arriving in the early evening. It appeared I would have to stay elsewhere as it was an initiative test to get the key. Whatwoild happen if I hadn't got a phone with me ? Had to call a number that was not near the main entrance then enter in a code which was incorrect at first then find a safe then open the safe to find my key then lock the safe then go throughvan unmarked door to another outside entrance yhen find the right block then find the lift using the key fob then find my apartment .... .

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank hmmtio
Reviewed 6 December 2012

After being let down by another local 'hotel' me and my boyfriend made a last minute booking with these guys. We got there and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
We had to wait a little while for the cleaner to finish cleaning the room for us, but seens as we had booked it minutes in advance this was no problem, however they still provided discount for our wait!
The room was modern and provided everything we needed including a dishwasher and washing machine down to washing up liquid and tea and biscuits.
Overall i was very pleased with the experience and am very greatful that they managed to squeeze us in last minute, would definately stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zara B
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed this weekend with friends and was happy with the room and service, I had shopping delivered upon arrival and this was taken to my room and unpacked! Rooms were lovely, warm and cosy. Staff were friendly and the security guard was a great. Great all round.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrseds040812
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Good comfy apartments, with friendly staff.

Ideal for a few people without it feeling cramped.

Only negative is that there was no extra bedding for the sofa bed and we couldn't get get any as there was no one in reception.

Would book again :)