“Great apartment for a girls weekend”

The Spires Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were very pleased to find these apartments for a girls weekend away in Birmingham (x6 26-30 year olds). Very central location; just behind the Mailbox shopping centre. The apartments were clean, spacious and nicely decorated, with great cooking facilities. The view from the apartment of the city was lovely, and there is a lot of natural light during the day. The staff here were very helpful and friendly, and even provided us with extra blow-up beds. My only criticism is the price; I do think that apartments in general are very expensive, and there could be a discount for large group bookings.
I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lavitapazzesca
TheSpiresManagement, Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear that the apartment met all your requirements and that you found the location to be conveniently located for your stay.

Thank you for your comment on the rates at The Spires. We believe that we offer competitive rates for our apartments that match or are lower than all the centrally located competitors. If you are to book direct with ourselves either by phone or on the internet you may find it works out cheaper than if you were to book through a 3rd party agent.

We do hope that you will stay at The Spires again if you are to return to Birmingham.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Excellent Service apartment for long stay!

It is just 8 to 10 min walk from Birmingham New street station.It is located in centre of Birmingham City Centre.Since i stayed in company provided accomdation i am not sure about the cost which is been paid but whatever it is it will be value for the money.

Servant maid is provided to clean the apartment daily.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
TheSpiresManagement, Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Mr Premkumar,

Thank you for your feed back. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Spires while in Birmingham working.

We do hope that if you are to come back to Birmingham you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The location of the Spires is perfect for the Mailbox, Brindley Place & the Bullring. Our 2 bedroom apartment was fitted out to a very high standard and was extremely spacious. Would highly recommend and would definitely book an apartment over a hotel room in the future. My only suggestions for improvement would be a tv in the bedroom and free wifi but would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
TheSpiresManagement, Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Lorna,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff, apartments and location all to your satisfaction.

I do hope if you are to return to Birmingham that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The apartment was stylish, comfortable, clean and much more spacious than a hotel room. There's a well-equipped kitchen so you don't have to waste time (and money) eating out every night, a comfortable sofa and armchair in the living area, and a table to work at if you need to. The staff were excellent - Ewelina and Hannah were both helpful and friendly, and dealt with requests and problems promptly. Even though I was in Birmingham to work, it was a relaxed week and I felt at home.

The location is great - across the road at the back of the Mailbox there's a small Tesco, lots of restaurants, and a canal. Brindley Place is only about 10 minutes walk away, and it's convenient for the centre of the city.

My apartment was quiet, although I can see that apartments on lower floors facing the street might be noisier. I liked the fact that there are notices in the general areas reminding people that many of the flats are residential, and so to keep noise down - they point out that the apartments are not suitable for parties or social gatherings.

I found the bed rather hard (I usually do - I have back problems), but Ewelina arranged for an extra duvet to be left in the apartment for me to sleep on to make it softer.

I've already booked an apartment for my next visit to Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This was my second stat at The Spires...and I am looking forward to the next already. Everything was exactly as expected. The paintwork was a bit chipped in places but to be honest, it was clean, cosy, welcoming and it was 'home' for two weeks.

The service was just beyond all expectations. And whatever they are paying Ewelina, they need to at least triple that. I do a lot of travelling and stay in a lot of so-called first class hotels...where the service is so bas it cannot even be classified. Ewelina could teach them all a thing or two about customer care.

I would 100% recommend the Spires to anyone or any family looking for a long or short term stay in Birmingham.

Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
TheSpiresManagement, Manager at The Spires Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on you stay at The Spires Birmingham. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your second stay at The Spires and hopefully you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in Birmingham. Thank you for your kind comments about Ewelina, and I am glad that we met your expectations in our customer service.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed in Spires apartment for more than 6 months and I must say, the location is fantastic. The staff is courteous. Thanks to Ewelina, Devine, Adam and Naz. They made sure that our stay is comfortable and responded to every emergency call. They are always smiling and offer help as promised. The location of the apartment is near Mailbox which is one of the luxurious malls in Birmingham and with lots of restaurants and pubs just across the road. Birmingham Canal side is just walk away and on a sunny day one can enjoy the stay at spires. I would highly recommend this place to all the tourist/ business people who plan to have a short or long stay. I must say they offer a great service at a great price. Three cheers to the staff and the service!! Thank you guys. You rock!

Room Tip: Go for a two bed apartment. They are quite big spacious and clean. Preferably one with the mailbox v...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Brilliant base to explore Birmingham, the location is great, parking near by, restaurants and pubs across the road, taxis just down the hill and of course, shops on the door step!

We had a 2 bedroomed apartment, the larger double split into two singles for our kids (not all do, so check ahead if you need that). The sitting room only had a sofa and one chair, so there were fights sometimes to get comfy.

The kitchen had a washer dryer as well as a dishwasher and the apartment is also warm enough to dry clothes quickly on the rack provided. Didn't use the iron, but it was there! Tea, coffee and biscuits were already in the kitchen. There is a small Tesco just across the road. We could have happily cooked all mealss , to keep costs down, but the choice of restaurants made it rather tempting to eat out more often.

The bathrooms were clean and warm, fresh towels provided as often as needed, the water was slow running but plenty for a bath.

The area was quiet for a city centre, we stayed 6 nights not including a Saturday. We had bedrooms facing away from the street, so only had the voices of those who live in the surrounding blocks.

Although we could hear music and noise occasionally from neighbouring apartments it was not obtrusive and there are notices asking people to be considerate of neighbours. Seemed to work

The staff were lovely and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not over the road if you want peace
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family