“disappointed”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

ordered from just eat for this restaurant at 8pm order arrived 1035 receipt said food to be delivered 850 came at 1035 stone cold and half the order missing the curry had no taste it was realy bland think ill stick to other restuarnats in stirchley

There are newer reviews for Ajwa Restaurant

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Did a takeaway from here because I wanted to try a new curry house but was sadly disappointed. The order was wrong and the staff member I spoke to did little to rectify this. I found my curry bland and unexciting compared with the other choices in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Always scared of a new curry house when I so many other really good ones but Ajwa's was open before all the others (before 5pm) on Sunday. It looks pretty terrible from outside but inside, Service was fast and polite, all of our food was fantastic and it saved us at least a third of going to Imlees in Moseley. It was very cheap and all round very good. Bring your own booze too - essential for any curry house I go to!!

1  Thank hugh m
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Tried Ajwa in Stirchley for the first time tonight and it was absolutely delicious. It is everything you could want from a local restaurant; the food is great, the staff are friendly and helpful, prices are reasonable and the service was sharp.

The décor is modern and clean, with comfortable seats and a relaxed atmosphere. We ordered poppadoms, which came with the best pickle tray I have ever had. We shared starters; mushroom puree and tikka paneer – both were sensational. My boyfriend had a chicken dansak for main course – the chicken was well-cooked, tender and really flavoursome. I had the lamb shashlik with was served on a sizzling platter and was absolutely delicious.

This place is well worth a visit. It is hugely superior in service, taste and quality to some of the other local curry restaurants in the area and I will definitely be going again.

1  Thank Primrose T
Reviewed 29 April 2014

A lovely look and feel to the restaurant with the advantage of being BYOB. The food was tasty but a little fussy for me, the peshwari naan came with glace cherries! A good night out thought and good curries.