“Great value for money. Very well appointed”

SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Having stayed in an aparthotel in Birmingham before we wanted the freedom and comfort of what they can offer and we weren't disappointed. Lovely spacious lounge with really huge comfortable sofa. Dishwasher, washing machine, in fact all mod cons. Good size TV. Spacious bedrooms and comfortable beds. Large balcony (although not much of a view). Right in the city centre and two minute walk from a Sainsbury's local. Two bathrooms, with good showers. I previously stayed in Citynites, which whilst good was not a patch on this.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us at SACO Birmingham and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here after a lovely night out in Birmingham. It was a rare night away without the kids and we were looking forward to a relaxing Sunday morning lie in. However, the fire alarm went off at 5:20am and we had to evacuate. There were no staff in the building and no-one to meet us at the evacuation point, so it was really scary. There is also no phone in the apartment, so don’t forget to charge your phone, like I did!

Like everyone says, the apartments are lovely and the location is excellent, but I can’t give a higher rating, due to our experience with the fire evacuation. I think they need to provide 24 hours concierge, so someone can take charge in an emergency. I definitely won’t feel safe visiting again unless they do so.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

We have been operating our Apartments in Birmingham for over 12 years; guest safety is absolutely paramount to us and always at the forefront of our mind. I apologise that you were inconvenienced during your stay.

Although phones are not in the Apartments on check in we do provide them at request from Reception at check in or at any other time during your stay.

Emergency numbers are displayed throughout the Apartment and also on your welcome letter on arrival which is manned 24 hours a day.

We are confident that we have robust fire safety procedures in place.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me jbuckley@sacoapartments.com

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Have stayed in the SACo Birmingham apartments several times. Once in a single story 2 bedroom apartment another in a duplex 2 bedroom. Each stay has been excellent. The check in has been easy and personal. The apartments are always spotless, luxurious and so well placed to the city centre. The staff thoughfully provide bread, milk etc even down to a dishwashed tablet to help make the stay more comfortable. I have found the best part of staying the the apartments the space to allow you to really relax. I would recomend a stay to anyone. its close enough to hobble home from the action, but also high enough away from the actions that you are in a bubbe of quiet. Us girls felt we had truly had the footballers wives experience

Room Tip: all very good - personally prefered the single storey apartment to the duplex, less stairs
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it is always a pleasure to get feedback of this nature. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I can't recommend these apartments enough! Although they are central to Broad St they are peaceful, calm and stylishly furnished. We booked as a group of four 30ish ladies getting away for the weekend shopping & cocktail sipping it was like a home from home fabulous shower, one of the most comfortable beds i've slept in!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at SACO when you are next in Birmingham.

Kind regards,
Marie Williams

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed in a 2 bed apartment in Birmingham just off broad street. From start to finish the whole experience was first class. From the girls on reception (Marie I think?) to the apartment were way beyond my expectations. The apartment itself was modern, great views, had an en-suite, living room and a balcony! Loved it so much I am back in 3 weeks time and have already pre-booked the same place opposed to a hotel room. Never stayed with Saco before but will definitely be back - very soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sak G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your future visits!

Kind regards,
Marie Williams

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Great location, very close to broad street but don't get turned off by that as the flats are high up and the building is in Brindley place a lovely newly restore area very near the canals.

Cleanliness and the over all service is impeccable. If you have any issue, just ask at reception and they'll help you in any way that they can!

I stayed there for a month and a half and I could have gladly stayed there for much longer!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us at SACO Birmingham. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I booked a double bed apartment for myself, my teenage daugher and two of her friends as they were seeing Justin Bieber at the National Indoor Arena, which is just a few minutes walk away from the SACO apartments.

We were in a duplex apartment on the 12th floor, and the look of amazement and delight on my daughter's friends faces when we walked into the apartment was amusing to say the least! The sight of Birmingham lit at night through the double height windows, leading on to a small balcony was spectacular to their novice eyes - they obviously have yet to travel extensively.

The apartments are very well furnished, very clean and very well situated for entertainment activities in Birmingham. There are numerous restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The duplex apartment has a separate laundry room in addition to the normal kitchen area.

A Sainsburys Local supermarket is just 150 metres away, accessed via a walkway leading onto Broad Street. We had a midnight feast of pizza and pasta after the concert. The apartment oven, microwave and dishwasher came into use!

The only suggestion for improvement is there were no separate re-cycling bins in the apartment to separate out paper/cardboard,plastic and metal waste - just a normal large pedal bin. As re-cycling targets and avoiding landfill is so important now, I would say they need to get the customer engaged by providing separate colour coded re-cycling bins.

The price we paid for the apartment was very competitive, considering there were four of us. Another issue which was important to me was the fact that we were 4 females travelling together, and that the security into the building was excellent, via a discrete card key system.

The lady that greeted us was very pleasant and helpful showing us to the lift area, and explained what was where, and how to use the card key system.

I would highly recommend the apartments, and now plan to look at other SACO apartments in other locations - hopefully receiving the same level of accommodation and good service.

Room Tip: Apartments facing Brindley Place will be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and feedback, it is fantastic you had a good stay, I am really pleased to read your daughter and her friends thought the Apartments were amazing and I am glad it added to the experience of them going to the concert (I hope they also enjoyed seeing Justin Bieber)
Regarding your comment on the recycling, I just wanted to let you know this is all done by Brindleyplace (behind the scenes) so recycling does happen it just isn't very obvious.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SACO in the near future.