“Always fabulous”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Edgbaston
Description: Welcome to Simpsons Restaurant Simpsons have enjoyed a reputation for refined cooking and excellent service for almost 20 years We have held a Michelin star since 2004 Chef director, Luke Tipping and head chef Nathan Eades are award winning chefs with a talent for bringing out the very best from their carefully selected ingredients. By working with the best suppliers in the Midlands and beyond, we can ensure our diners will enjoy a memorable gourmet experience. The Grade II listed building provides an ideal setting and offers private as well as al fresco dining. For those wishing to end their evening in style, bedrooms are available. Cookery school vouchers, Restaurant Vouchers and our Simpsons Cook book are available to purchase over the phone from our reservations team.
VXFoxy
“Always fabulous”
Reviewed 3 October 2009

I've been 3 times - twice for dinner and once for the cookery 'school' , and I'm looking forward to going again for my first wedding anniversary in a few weeks time. Needless to say I thoroughly recommend it! In fact I prefer Simpsons to the 3* Riverside in Bray.
The only caviat I would add is that I've not been to Purnell's yet...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beckenham
“Great food but a minor quibble or two ...”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Well worth its Michelin star, the food was excellent, if typically "Michelin-elaborate". Starters of veal sweet breads and a crab and salmon mousse were delicious. One main of pork belly (with spectacularly good crackling) and a ravioli of pigs trotters was as good as almost anything I've tasted. The turbot with very soft and rather bland lobster pasta was a little less successful.. A chocolate and raspberry mousse on the other hand was just perfect. Two slight quibbles. The set lunch menu (from which we didn't choose) was slightly on the pricey side in these straightened times - even by London standards. And in a fairly empty restaurant, with about six tables taken for lunch, we were put into a sort of corridor next to the waiter's station. Ask to be moved, as we should have done.

Warwick
“Favourite Restaurant for Special Occasions”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We always visited the original Simpsons in Kenilworth and always find time to travel the half an hour to visit this restaurant, it's always been worth it!

Start in the lounge with a drink as you look over the menu and a little while after ordering will be taken to your table. We love the area between the kitchen and garden as there are windows to look through and watch all the action in the kitchen. Then comes the food and extras between the courses, they are perfect every time. Many times I find that I don't like the sound of some of the food, (only because I'm a little fussy with certain things) but everytime they have proven me wrong and what I normally wouldn't eat tastes amazing.

The service is great, love that they know exactly who has ordered what and the descriptions of what exactly is in each persons meal. I have to mention the time we went for a birthday and ordered a chocolate cake for dessert, it was incredible! The best cake I think I've ever eaten, so dense and full of different chocolate, but at the same time not rich. The slices we had there disappeared very quickly and whatever was left over we took home.

So far I have not eaten anywhere with better food, service or experience in the country, this is my favourite restaurant and I think always will be. The only one thing that may cause a little trouble, is that the car park is very tight, not a fault of there's, mainly because of the position and the road next to it, but we have always managed to overcome this and it's never really been a big problem. I have recommended this place to many friends and every one has reported that they were delighted with the place.

1 Thank Sn00pycat
Little Aston
“The best restaurant in the midlands”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Simpsons is set in a beautiful old building, the staff are attentive but not opressive, exactly as they should be. The food is impeccable the tasting menu is superb. I have eaten there on a number of occasions and never been dissappointed.

worcs,england
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Very pleasant on arrival to go out and sit in their garden for pre-dinner drinks whilst you choose from the menu.You wouldnt be aware you are in the middle of a big city Limited selection but this ensured that the ingredients are totally fresh and are cooked to order. Wine list very extensive.
We each had 3 courses all different and all excellently prepared and presented . Also , of course , the little titbits between meals which all good restaurants provide. We ate in the Conservatory which gives a view of the gardens and the kitchens ( very useful to smile encouragingly at the chef !!!! ).
Very busy , you need a reservation but not rushed