“Poor service and rude Management.”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #166 of 293 Quick Bites in Birmingham
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

I was asked to stand outside to queue, my name wasn’t taken so I ended up waiting whilst people after me got served.

I went to the toilet, Which had urine all over the floor, absolute mess, I complained to the ‘general manager’ (Ginger lady) but she just said it was busy, no apologies for making me and my wife stand there for 35 minutes and for the fact that, the toilet was a mess, when I said I’ll complain, she said go ahead, and gave her names, began with letter L.

The lady behind the till looked like she had enough, she had to look for clean glass, ice machine broken, cutlery looked dirty, sauces were taken by customers and not replaced.

All this for chicken and chips which Happens to be Halal chicken when we don’t eat Halal.

AVOID!!!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious as usual although the chicken wings seem to have shrunken in size since my last visit.
I wanted to add that Sunny was amazing and it's people like him that make you want to return.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Went here with my partner on Friday night and if they were not so busy I'd have spoken to a manager rather than leave this review so i hope it gets seen.
On arrival there was a short wait for tables, a lovely young man was chatting to people waiting and constantly on top of getting people to vacant tables as soon as they became available therefore making the queue turn around quite fast. We we told 15 minutes and we were behind 5 other groups but it was more like 5 minutes.
We were seated in a quieter area near the kitchen. The resturant was loud and busy but this was 7pm on a Friday night, we didn't expect silence.
Our food arrived quickly (both main and dessert) and was great. But the food isnt why I'm leaving this review... its the staff.
Sat near the kitchen we could see the staff helping each other out and smiling and generally working together and making this extremely busy period go off without a hitch. What else got my attention was the teamwork 3 people put into clearing a table near us minutes after the group had left meaning someone waiting could be seated faster. One person cleared the plates, another lady as she was passing by moved the menus and such off the table so the next person could just wipe and reset. The lady didnt need to do that but its an act that although needless and small was just helpful to her colleague and only took her a second.
Whilst we waited for our food i watched the staff at the pass. There was a gentleman who was clearly who everyone looked up to (not just literally), he was helping everyone who asked whilst doing his own work too. He also noticed an elderly lady coming from the rest room with a walker during his running around and without being asked he helped hold the door for her so she could get through easier.
The table behind myself became vacant and was quickly cleared and reset by 2 people and the young man seating people (whilst checking for tables) had noticed and saw it being reset and said to the young lady finishing it that she was the best and complimented her on a good job and went to get someone to seat there. Needless and small but noticed by customers and he probably makes staffs nights that bit better with these tiny comments, just like the passing girl earlier and the gentleman helping others at the pass.
I've worked in busy resturants before and staff can easily get irritable and tired but these guys were always smiling and helping each other.
We got dessert and the server noticed we had forgotten cutlery before we did and quickly got us some. Again small but helpful.
After dessert we used the rest room. Which was nearish to us and each was checked twice in the hour we were there, again by passing staff. The toilets were well stocked and clean. Took me a second to figure out the automatic taps (technophobe). The doors werent easy to open though and the hand drier cut out a lot before my hands were dry.
On leaving the young man was off looking for free tables again which was fine but the young lady from earlier (again) was passing and stopped to make sure we had a good experience before we left.

So i wanted to write this for a supervisor to see because not enough of these kind of reviews get left. The food was good but the staff although busy were brilliant. All the tiny little details in motion here are not seen a lot and wanted to congratulate you on having such a great team.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

If you like grilled chicken this is the place for you!. Simple menu; chicken and chips with a few different sauces (hot, mild, herb). I tried all of them, Hot was too hot for me but not bad. fairly large portions (for UK eatery).

Place was crowded (we went there for lunch on a Saturday) , we had to wait a while; kids were playing in the arcade. Service was not bad; you have to order yourself and pay, it is delivered to your table.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We where seated by Harry who was very lovely and Tia was really good, best 2.. know I have been in customer service since I was 15, and I have been so many times in star city Nando’s before,Jenifer who bought the food over I was absolutely shocked with her service had a face like a frying pan! Moody, no service at all, we asked if we can have spare plates she just rolled her eyes out, and didn’t even say enjoy you’re meal! When giving the food out! We wanted to ordered a takeaway Jenifer served me again she just doesn’t like to
Smile or anything not even thank you or anything !! Rather have Tia or Harry’s twin serving. Next time sorry to say Jenifer Fix up! Because if a mystery shopper came in! Good luck to u!

Date of visit: August 2018