“Do not book for a child's birthday party”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Birmingham
Ranked #1,336 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian, American, European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Birmingham
“Do not book for a child's birthday party”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We decided to take our child and some of her friends to this restaurant after bowling. Despite making a booking 8 weeks ago our experience wasn't pleasant and we will not be returning.

On arriving, we were kept waiting for almost 5 minutes in the small entrance whilst staff walked passed ignoring us. (Bearing in mind we had twelve 6-7 year old with us.) In the end I had to approach a member of staff and ask for us to be seated. We then waited ages for our order to be taken and despite requesting crayons etc. these weren't brought out until we had been seated about 20 minutes. - In fact we requested these 3 times. - Wouldn't it make more sense to have them already on the table? The desserts then took ages to arrive. Needless to say we will not be returning or recommending this venue and we refused to pay the service charge.

In total there were 14 of us dining. - We just paid a lot of money for a mediocre experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mand931

Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Lunch without the smile”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here and its a cheap option £9.45 for two courses and unlimited drinks. Food was ok had better though at other F&B's the thing that let it down was the service. No smiles rude server snatching plates from us when we had stacked them for her. The other server was much better and happier. However if your going to work in the service industry at least smile and have customer interaction. Overall ok visit let down by rude and rubbish service by one girl.

Rayleigh, England, United Kingdom
“Very poor and totally disappointing”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Staying in nearby travelodge the only restaurant nearby was a F & B. having used them before in Essex I thought why not . Well I could tell you why not, overcooked in one course undercooked the next, stood like a lemon being ignored before being seated,had to ask about the deals on offer left with dirty plates on table for over ten minutes. The meat balls usually my choice were horrid need I go on

If you are going to the cinema or staying at travelodge give this place miss

• Visited September 2013
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

5 of us visited this restaurant and it started off fine, but whilst eating our starters the waitress came over to tell us our mains were ready and do we want them, we said we hadn't finished our starters yet so then our mains sat under the heat lamps on the side, then when our mains did come my veggie burger had sat under the heat that long the bun was soggy, Lettuce was brown and it was horrible, drinks took forever to arrive, if you went to the bar the service was very slow, toilets were filthy and needed a clean, I've eaten at various Frankie and bennys and never been disappointed before but I won't go back to this branch in a hurry.

• Visited September 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“mediocre food”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Have visited Frankie & Benny's at various sites, but this one was the worst and has put me off returning to any of them I'm afraid. Service was ok-ish , we waited to be seated for a few minutes before being noticed - it wasn't that busy, so no excuse really - the waitress who took our order did not seem terribly enthusiastic but went through the motions. The food was disappointingly mediocre and some of the options had run out. Finally, I know this was beyond the control of the restaurant staff, but there were several kids running about the place. I am not against taking children into restaurants, I've done it myself, but I do think they should actually sit down at the tables with their parents and not create havoc. The waiting staff were having to dodge them whilst carrying trays of food and drinks.

• Visited June 2013

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Birmingham also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Birmingham? Share your experiences!