“Little Gem”

Ranked #309 of 2,344 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$55 - US$55
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is temporarily closed and will open on May 2017.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Lovely little bar / restaurant in the heart of Birmingham City Centre
I had the duck which I must say was the best I have ever had and very generous portion.
Ten of us dined and everyone had a great meal, service was also very good

2  Thank Ianbhx1

Reviewed 28 March 2014

A hidden gem well worth a visit. We called here for dinner on reccomendation and were delighted. We were not rushed a nice quite drink in the bar first. Service was amazing not in your face but very attentive. Likewise the food gets 10 of 10 not just the quality but the menu range catered for me who likes a substantial meal my wife likes to choose lighter dishes, both were well catered for.....what are you waiting for....

2  Thank Keith L
Reviewed 12 March 2014

You can review and leave comments on this restaurant as much as you like! Most of them very good,excellent in fact. But there will always be the ones that have suspicious under tones! But I'm afraid that's life, everybody has there own opinion ! Mine is it's a fantastic little place with very tasty competitively priced food,a good selection of fine wines,and very professional and friendly staff,who can be bothered to serve you, with a smile! All I can recommend is that you go! Check it out for yourselves. Then you WILL have an opinion ! Enjoy.

1  Thank Manc25
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This restaurant will probably never win a Michelin star because it does not need to ! Attentive not fussy service ,limited menu which will always please , some great value wines and the most friendly atmosphere .Please never change

2  Thank W JOHN K
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As we were in Birmingham to visit family we decided to visit Primitivo for a third time.
Once again we had a very pleasant dining experience (nice new decor by the way!) with the food being just as good and tasty as the first time. The staff were also very friendly and attentive, so I really don't understand that highly critical (and badly written review) from a month or so ago. We would have NO hesitation in dining here for a fourth time! :)

2  Thank Paris-not-Hilton