“Good option if you are playing safe.”
Review of Bella Italia

Bella Italia
Ranked #341 of 2,384 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Bella Italia have over 100 Italian restaurants across the UK serving pizza, pasta, Italian classics and more, made with ingredients from Italian-family producers.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was a rare opportunity to grab something to eat before a show on a Saturday night without the kids. Based upon our experience at the Brighton Bella Italia we dropped into the Birmingham restaurant. It was late pm / early evening and the place was packed so it was no surprise that we had to wait 20/30 mins for a table. However, the staff were clearly working hard to turn tables around as efficiently as they could so we had no complaints, being seated within the timescales set out to us.
The menu is pretty much as you expect and this is a chain and so your expectations on food / quality / service etc. are set accordingly. We went with pizzas and had no complaints. They were served hot, well prepared and were tasty. The service & welcome was very warm. The price is on the higher than average side and I am sure if you had time to look around you could probably find something a little better / more bespoke given the choice available in Birmingham nowadays but for most you would need to book in advance. But if you are looking for a safe bet at a reasonable price then Bella Italia fits the bill. From our recent experience they compare favourably with their peers such as Café Rouge or ASK where our experience has not been great.
All in all we left very satisfied and set for our evening out.

1  Thank pread26
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

So I was having craving for a steak and I had some gift vouchers given to me for my birthday to burn,so decided to give Bella a visit. I've been to this Bella Italia countless times and others so I was hoping my visit would be up to standard.

This restaurant wasn't busy at all and lacked atmosphere, not really their fault and I do think my timing has something to do with it. Even then service was slow and it seemed like the member of staff had a million things to do and we were simply in his way.

I went for a good ol'rump steak and my friend went for a calzone. We didn't bother with starters, I just wanted that steak. Service was okish, it took about 15 minutes for it to be made.

My steak didn't hit the spot, it wasn't great. The calzone seemed nice, rather big too. But the steak didn't do it for me. It was cold and was just no. Needless to stay after my failed attempt at hitting that craving we decided to simply pay and leave.

It did cost £30 for 2 mains & drinks, luckily I had my gourmet card on me and it got knocked down to £24.

I did pop to the toilet after my meal and lets just say it wasn't great. The gents toilet seat was a tad rusty... yep. Lets just put it like that. I judge a food venue on its toilets and they failed that.

In summary? Not the most amazing place, it needs serious improvement. I doubt I will go to Bella again. Thankfully Birmingham has plenty of other places and I did manage to get rid of the craving in the end (just in case you're wondering!)

2  Thank Sohail I
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went there for Sunday lunch when shopping in Birmingham and had a nice meal again .Staff were attentive even though it was very busy - our waitress was friendly and attentive .The food was good too !

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The food was OK, but it did not really taste (and look) as it should in a good restaurant. Service was quite slow too, probably due to the birthday party on another table. Despite of that, most of the staff is very friendly and chatty. And of course, the location is great.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We thought the food was lovely and good value for money. Also the service was excellent. The restaurant was lovely and spacious.