“Don't judge by the photos”

Shanahans Bed and Breakfast
and 1 more site!
Shanahans Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Grimsby
“Don't judge by the photos”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I only stayed here as nearly all hotels in Birmingham was full.... As I'm so pleased this was the case, nice Irish sports bar, staff ultra friendly, I had twin room £20 pp breakfast and evening meal included. Breakfast is a help your self to toast cereal in a mini kitchen near the bedrooms, evening meal was home cooked and very nice and large! Rooms old but very comphy tv on wall bed lovely and soft. I'd will go back thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 31 August 2012

i steyd at this bed&breakfast last month as i was away on business for 2 nights i had a nice stay my room was sastifactory and up to my standerd of cleaness&friendly-ness for 25 pounds a night i couldnt complain it was cheep&cleaan friendley staff and a nice bar to have a nice drink at after a hard day after work thanks to the staff at shannahans!

Room Tip: standerd sized room for one persons
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

WORST HOSTEL EVER! I had booked 2 rooms to stay at this Hostel and arrived to find that the Hostel had given my rooms away. When the land lady greeted me she laughed when I said I had made a reservation. We were not the only party to be scammed by this terrble hostel as two other parties also were turned away after making reservations and paying deposits weeks in advance. As there was 2 concerts on in Birmingham the night we were supposed to be staying all budget accomodation was booked and we had to stay in Coventry - 30 miles away instead. I'm still waiting for the depoist I paid to be returned.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul L

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Were a group that worked on the railway and we stayed here for 3 weeks. The area looked dodgy at first i.e scrapyards etc around but its a totally different experience when in the pub. We had 3 twin rooms for £25 a night, it was continental breakfast to help yourselves to & the evening meal was beautiful. The land lady Marie made us very welcome and used to get us a drink every night. We had a very pleasant stay there & its a pub with a great atmosphere in the bar. We would deffinatley stay again as its only a mile & a half to New Street Street Station & close to the M6 just off junction 6 for Birmingham Central.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank John Y
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I stayed at Shanahans B&B while visiting a concert at the NIA Birmingham. I had a great night and on my return to the pub we partied the night away, it had a great atmosphere and the staff were really freindly and helpful. Then to put the icing on the cake we were given a complementry breakfast on departure, which was a really nice end to a really nice stay and break away.

I would definetly reccomend Shanahans B&B to any one and am hoping to return again in Feburary time when my next event in Birmingham is booked.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
nottingham
Reviewed 5 December 2009

stayed with friends here dingy hotel, rooms freezing cold no heating, dark and dismal bar area would not advise anyone to stay here very dodgy

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends