stayed at the Strathallan for 2 nights (sat and sun) after my partner booked a deal with them on super breaks for 2 nights b&b as well as a 3 course meal for 2 on one of the nights.
The hotel is convieniently located on the hagley road, just outside Birmingham city centre. From the outside, the hotel is quite drab and in need of a serious face lift! but inside you'll find a beautiful, modern hotel. The bar area is pleasant with a large tv and lovely fire place making it very cosy.
The man on reception was very helpful and friendly. he gave us a choice of which night we would like to haevr dinner (even though super breaks stated the dinner booking must be on the first night) and offered us help with our luggage.
We upgraded to an executive room on the 6th floor after reading other trip advisor reviews, which was well worth it. The room was spacious, with a large comfortable bed, a seating area, flat screen tv with freeview and sky sports, tea and coffee making facilities, excellent hair dryer and ironing facilities, with a view across birmingham city centre. The only thing I could possibily point out was that even though it was a double room, there was only one dressing gown provided! yet 2 sets of towels, glasses, mugs etc.
The room was spotless, and we both had a fantastic nights sleep, especially with the black out curtains in there! Do check what setting the radiators are on though, ad both in the room were full blast, and it was rather hot in there when I woke up! but it is a nice touch that you are able to control the room temperature yourselves.
Both breakfast and dinner in the hotel resturant were fabulous. all the waiting staff were very attentive, asking if there was anything else they could get, or if we would like anything cooked toorder that wasn't already on the breakfast buffet.
brilliant stay, don't judge this place by its outside appearance!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan is centrally located and easy to get to. The hotel is close to Birmingham city centre and offers plenty of free parking on site. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. The Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan has 135 bedrooms including 53 brand new City Double bedrooms. The hotel also has lots of great facilities including a brasserie, bar and lounge, a small gym for hotel guests, 7 air-conditioned meeting rooms for up to 170 delegate and function rooms for weddings up to 170 guests. BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Menzies Strathallan Hotel Birmingham