“Very Good Value”

Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here just one night to meet up with ex colleagues in central Birmingham. I only had a single room, which was quite small, but comfortable and was very suitable for my needs. It was quiet too. The value comes from the fact that it was cheaper than the Premier Inn almost opposite, which I have stayed in before, and it included a good breakfast. It wasn’t overly busy and the ‘round’ sort of multi story car park (free) was quiet and I was concerned about parking my car almost on its own, as it is a car that is noticeable, but thankfully no problems at all and no danger of other cars banging their doors on my car, which can happen in some other local hotels that are very tight on space. I walked to The Mailbox to see friends, just under 2 miles and straightforward, but got a taxi back - £9.00. When I’m back next time I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dekka57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Brill hotel deffo value for money rooms are every modern staff were brill an the rooms were very clean, the bed was cosy an nice I found the car park was good u could drive up to the floor ur stayin on so no need to go through reception all the time... The reception area is very nice overall I loved my stay an will b stayin again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lou3108
Reviewed 25 September 2013

First of all the Hotel cancelled my booking along with several other people in my party , although we booked 6 months in advance & we found out the day before we arrived after telephoning the hotel !! Also my car was vandalised in the outside car park causing £185 worth of damage on the Friday night, it was parked right by the CCTV . West Midlands Police investigated & was unable to use the images off of the Hotels CCTV because of the very poor quality of the recording . I should have gone by train , as the barrier to the outside car park had been knocked off on a previous incident I was told ! Do not think your car is safe in the internal car park as the entrance shutter lets every car in , no swipe system or button control with the reception ......???? Don't forget the Disclaimer in the car park you have no recourse with the hotel ......I have tried !!! ....suggest staying at nearby hotels with controlled car parks & who care about your property

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tbeck40
Strath01, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest

I believe the information is not quite as it occured and in part very much incorrect.

Kind regards
Kevin Williams

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We spent four nights here, and although the room was a little on the small side at the end of the bed, which actually wasn't an issue as all we needed the room for was sleeping, it was a wonderful stay and would highly recommend a stay here. The staff were very professional and accommodating, relaxed and welcoming. On Saturday morning we were leaving the hotel quite early for a day out and the hotel provided us with a 'Grab and Go' breakfast to take with us, we just let them know what we would like and they prepared it, bagged it up and gave us take away tea and coffee. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Dinner was excellent and great value, and on a morning when they had run out of soya milk a member of staff went to the shop to go get some for my coffee! Room service was superb and punctual. I will most certainly stay here anytime I am in Birmingham! Customer service was fault less!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank insom768
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for 5 days in the middle of sept 13 and found that some of the reviews on this hotel can put people off. My experience is one of satisfaction. Ok i had a double room and because it was on the inner of the design of the building the view from the windows was not much to write about (unlike the outer single rooms, which have better views)

The staff were extremely friendly (maybe some of the reviews earlier sparked them into action. who knows) but i never had any problems in my stay.

I would (and am) stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Like all hotels, after a long day and lots of travelling, this one looked tired and a little threatening. The room was minute but clean and had all the key equipment. The bar area was ok and had a good selection of drinks. Breakfast was very good. Parking was free in a secure carpark. Staff were very helpful. Left with a better impression than when I arrived.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank merv1955
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Prior to the publishing of our earlier review 'unacceptable treatment'. The management kindly offered us some recompense, which we accepted.

Menzies have some lovely hotels and we have stayed at the Strathallen before and have been very satisfied.

A great pity about our last attempt!

Room Tip: Make sure the room is still available, before you depart!