I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day conference and found it to be very good in some areas, but poor in others.
The good side was the food, which at all times was hot, tasty and made with quality ingredients. Much of it seemed home made too, rather than bought in. However, 2 of the meals we had were served in the entrance foyer/ eating area. I found it quite surreal eating alongside people registering and walking about. Surely a room should be set aside for the purpose of eating??
The staff were all helpful and polite. The hotel was generally clean and tidy. However, the room I had was small at best, the bathroom was ridiculously tiny (the washroom in my caravan is larger!!) and I was given a single bed (for £120).
In addition to this, the car park which is around the hotel, was full to the brim, with several of my conference colleagues having to find off street parking some distance away. Also, some of the conference attendees, unbeknown to them, were booked into another hotel as this one was full. My question to this is, why take a conference booking when you are already going to be full? I'm sure there'll be some smart answer about "people booked late, so we had to make alternative arrangement", but it's just not good enough.
The final gripe was, as this hotel sits on a junction corner, it effectively has a road to 3 sides. As such, it's horrendously noisy, not only late at night, but early in the morning too.
If I wanted a Birmingham hotel for an overnight stay, travelling alone, this hotel would probably be OK. However, as a conference hotel, I don't think it comes up to the mark. And if I was wanting a break with my partner I would book somewhere else, because I think I would be frustrated trying to sort out issues, rather than enjoying my ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan is centrally located and easy to get to. The hotel is close to Birmingham city centre and offers plenty of free parking on site. Free, superfast WiFi is also available throughout the hotel available to all guests. Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan has 135 bedrooms including 17 bedrooms refurbished in 2017 and 53 new City Double bedrooms created in 2016. The hotel also has lots of great facilities including a Hallmark Grill, bar and lounge, a small gym for hotel guests, 7 air-conditioned meeting rooms for up to 170 delegates. BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area playing top sporting action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Menzies Strathallan Hotel Birmingham