My wife & I, along with another couple,stayed here for 2 nights on the 27th & 28th of November.
Having read some rather unsavoury reviews we approached our stay with some trepidation,
our worries were dispelled very quickly!
Parking spaces were plentiful on the premises & the daily charge of £3.50 was incredibly cheap.Some hotels in the area that I looked at before we booked were charging up to £25 for subsidised parking in a "nearby" NCP car park.
At check -in the Receptionist was very helpful & efficient & we were in our rooms within 10 minutes.
We were staying in one of the "inside" rooms (this hotel is constructed in the form of a "ring" so some rooms face into the circle while some face out).
As has been mentioned in previous reviews these rooms are a bit on the small side.However, there was still room for a large double bed(queen?) a very good sized bathroom, a good amount of storage space & a good sized desk.
The room was very nicely furnished in a contemporary style & spotlessly clean.
One thing you don't get with the inner rooms is a view,but we weren't there to sit in the room looking out of the window!
Because we had booked 2 nights B&B we were also given dinner on one of our nights as part of a deal.
We weren't expecting much as this was a "freebie" but were very pleasantly surprised,we were given a 3 course meal with several choices of each course & they were all absolutely delicious,our compliments to the chef!
The buffet breakfast was also of a very good quality, however, on the Sunday morning of our stay the staff did seem to be a little overwhelmed by the number of guests & it did seem to take quite a while for some of the items to be replenished.We all still got a very good breakfast so that is a very minor gripe.
This hotel is situated quite a way from the City centre, a good 15-20 minute walk, but buses stop outside very frequently,we never had to wait more than a few minutes, and they all stop in the city centre.Taxis are also very reasonably priced.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we could not fault this hotel & would definitely recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan is centrally located and easy to get to. The hotel is close to Birmingham city centre and offers plenty of free parking on site. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. The Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan has 135 bedrooms including 53 brand new City Double bedrooms. The hotel also has lots of great facilities including a brasserie, bar and lounge, a small gym for hotel guests, 7 air-conditioned meeting rooms for up to 170 delegate and function rooms for weddings up to 170 guests. BT Sport is now available in the bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Lastminute, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Menzies Strathallan Hotel Birmingham