“Incredible experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Purnell's

Purnell's
Ranked #3 of 2,186 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Incredible experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

What can I say. Our children bought us a voucher for Purnells as a Christmas present and we were looking forward to a great night out. We decided to have the Purnells Tour dinner. Wow, wow, wow, what a fantastic experience. Each course was a delight. Amazing combinations of flavours each course explained as though it was a piece of art. Not knowing quite what to expect was all part of the magic. If you want a very special evening and amazing food try Purnells. The tour is not cheap but it is worth every penny.Glynn Purnell and David Colcombe have created a menu that is pure genius.

“Amazing Amazing Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

this restaurant is great from start to finish. the food is out of this world cheese and pineapple amazing but the best thing of all was the fish course which is out of this world. not going to write any more because you should be booking it right now.

• Visited September 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The best fish dish I've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I celebrated my my birthday here, we went for the lunch 'graze menu' at £40 per person, it was fantastic. We had the chance to try some dishes we probably would not have ordered. The fish dish was by far the best dish! Cooked to perfection, seasoned well with everything on the plate complimenting each other. Desert was beautiful, really ended the meal well. We opted for the additional cheese course ( at a small extra cost ). All the cheeses provided were English and was matched very well. All the staff were polite, professional and very informative. Over all a really superb birthday lunch.

Atherstone, United Kingdom
“Booking at short notice!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I called at 11.30am to see if I could book in for my husband and myself, I was told that there was availability at 5pm or 12.30pm. We were delighted to be able to get a seat. I then informed them that I had both wheat and cow's dairy allergies and would they be able to cope with this at such short notice. I was told that this would not be a problem!

On arrival, we were greeted and coats checked. We decided to seat straight away and have a glass of wine at the table. The waiter confirmed that I had these allergies and offered suggestions on what I could have. He confirmed with the chef and I was absolutely delighted with my pre-starter; potato with green mayonnaise; starter, foie- gras & rabbit; main, belly pork; and dessert, caramelised apples with blackcurrant sorbet and apple snow!

Although my hubby enjoyed his meal, he felt the plaice with orange didn’t work for him.
My only disappointment was the crackling on the belly pork OR LACK OF IT!! Glynn Purnell should get that right, being a local lad!!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Best Meal I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

In the past I have thought that this kind of Michelin star food was overly fancy and just for show, how wrong was I. The food was incredible. We had the autumn tasting menu and each course was brilliant, all initiative and so very tasty. Each one had so many elements that came together very well and made for 6 of the best dishes I've ever had.

The atmosphere was great too with the staff very professional and welcoming. The wine was very good too. Expensive, but so very worth it.

• Visited September 2013