“Back for the 3rd time”

Neighbourhood: Ladywood
gloucester
“Back for the 3rd time”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were a table of 4 and decided to enjoy the 12 course "NOW" Menu as we had enjoyed many dishes from the other tasting menu before.

The service here is militery, the atmosphere is relaxed, the decor is modern. Every member of staff are well trained, polite and friendly.

We started with the bread served with whipped butter which just kept coming.

The Now menu had some stand out dishes. I personally loved the Crab bisque with Cornish crab - toasted sweetcorn - crispy rice and my Brother in law raved about the Pigs head Ragu. However there were a couple of dishes were not to my taste, Frozen fennel cloud - grapefruit marmalade - liquorice crumb was not my scene. However all the cooking was to perfection and some inventive dishes.

If its your first visit i would recommend the Reminisce menu as we have enjoyed most of these dishes twice and although there are less dishes they are all fantastic.

My Father in Law enjoyed the wine flight which he enjoyed but unless you are a big fan or wine and food combos i feel its over priced as its more than the food itself.

I love this restaurant and whenever there is a change a menu i will return to check it out.

1 Thank theomillie

“Disappointing from a Michelin Chef”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a group of five. We had the reminisce menu. I was expecting to be blown away (first time I had been to a Michelin Starred Restaurant). But it was very flat. The food was ok, but a couple of the dishes very pretty bland. Yes the presentation is nice, but I expected better quality and more flavours.
Wouldn't bother going again and wouldn't really recommend attendance.
It is highly priced (even though for top quality it would be acceptable for a one off treat). They even add a 12.5% service charge on all bills irrelevant of party size.

2 Thank Mikeyp102
Halesowen
“Dull”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Five of us had the tester menu none of us thought that it was noteworthy, some of the dishes just didn't work.

There was no atmosphere, the staff were dull and mechanical the dining room has no character, it was way over priced for what was presented.

Would not recommend. .

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

On friday 2nd May, me and my wife went to Purnell's to celebrate my birthday.

We both had the 12 course taster menu, each course was wonderful, including the bread (never thought I would say that). From the potato first up to the lemon meringue pie the last, each course was immaculate, tasted amazing.

We also met Glynn which was unexpected bonus, personally, it was the first time to Purnell's and he treated us the exact same way he treated his regulars, which was pleasing

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone

1 Thank Alan S
Norton Canes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent food, well timed delivery, interesting conceptual dynamic to some courses.

We had the 12 course taster menu....I didn't like a couple, but that was down to my preference, not the quality of either food or service.

Exactly what I would expect to see in a restaurant of this quality.

• Visited January 2014