“Will be back !”

Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Doncaster
“Will be back !”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As we entered the restaurant we wee practically jumped on . Had we a reservation? On ascertaining that we had, we were asked if we wanted to go straight to our table. No we wanted a pre dinner drink if that was OK.Things did get much better after this, but the initial greeting was a bit unfriendly.
My husband and I both chose decided on the 'now' menu consisting of 12 courses and we were not disappointed, we really enjoyed our meal. The staff were knowledgeable about each course and gave you a description of what each dish as it was served contained .I noticed that every one in the restaurant was very well looked after, including ourselves. The restaurant has a strange atmosphere, nothing bad, but just different! We chose not to have the wine paring as it was ridiculously expensive. We had a good bottle of Cloudy Bay, which was overpriced at £75, but I suppose that is what you have to pay. We have had tasting menus in other Michelin restaurants, and this was just as good. We had a lovely foodie evening. GP was in until 10.30pm, but we never got to see him which was a shame.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CarterFamily5

“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I do enjoy eating out, and I can say this was the best meal I have ever had.

8 course taster menu, with great wine and great service, we even got a visit from the big man.

I couldn't recommend it more!

“Great food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

It was lovely food great service waiters explained each dish
all you could ask for
If you want the best food in Birmingham go to Purnells

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Visited purnells Friday lunch choose the 5 course menu very tasty and fresh food,waiting staff great.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jean-Pierre B
“Speachless !”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

No more to say than the title visited here and was Speachless. Glynn Purnell came to speak to us personally and gave me a loaf of their home cooked bread to take home after I commented how excellent it was. Staff very friendly and food as you would expect ! If you like good food visit !!!

Visited August 2013