“Excellent start to the night !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stageside Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Stageside Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are sorry - StageSide is now closed. Any patrons with StageSide reservations will have their booking transferred to Birmingham Hippodrome's Circle Restaurant or one of our hospitality suites. This will be confirmed to you by email or phone - you don't need to contact us - and if you want to adapt your reservation in anyway, you can let us know then. You're guaranteed a warm welcome at Circle Restaurant, it's conveniently situated on Middle Circle (level 3) of our foyer, a few steps from the auditorium and accessible from our Hurst Street main entrance around the corner.
“Excellent start to the night !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We went to Stageside on Wednesday evening before Fiddler on the roof we've been there before so we just thought with popping to see if they had a spare table we were lucky enough to get a table my wife has just found out that that's all her meals need to be gluten- free I told the lady when we sat down she was very helpful and come back with a menu for my wife . I was very happy because my wife does not like to be fussy and hate asking lots of questions about the menu we had a lovely meal the service was excellent and manageress is really nice and the waitress in Laura too, you can see that they were and the very busy for just two of them but they are very helpful and friendly When I went to work today I was talking about my experience of going to see the show and my meal and another person from The office said that they had been there too and it was very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful . A big round of applause for them thank you

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Geek2

Redditch, United Kingdom
“Amazing vegetarian selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My friend booked this restaurant for us instead of our usual one around the corner, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The decor is pleasant,the staff attentive and the selection of vegetarian food was a lovely surprise.
My friend's fish and chips was enormous. I had a veggie dish mushroom bourguignon, which was amazing, although I was glad I had ordered extra fries to fill up with. The only down was the £1 added to the bill for the homeless. When I queried this the waitress told me I could choose to have it removed - this puts one on the spot, so of course I choose to leave it on. As a person who prefers to support animal abuse charities (as few do) I disliked being blackmailed into supporting this charity. Next visit I will be more assertive and ask for it to be removed from the bill !!

• Visited November 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A standing ovation for Stageside!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Having immensely enjoyed the matinee performance of "War Horse" recently, my friend and I extended our theatrical experience by having a meal at the Stageside restaurant in Thorp St. We had booked our table some months in advance to avoid any disappointment and, as on previous occasions, I found the service to be friendly and efficient and the food extremely good. It is a little on the expensive side but well worth it. It certainly added to the enjoyment of our day and gave us the perfect opportunity to reflect at leisure on the production we had seen over a glass of wine before we started to discuss what we might like to go and see next time. PS can definitely recommend the fish pie topped with creamy mashed potato - piping hot but oh so good and, if like me, you can't resist fruit crumble, you won't be disappointed......

• Visited October 2013
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Average experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Myself and partner went here before going to watch the Lion king, I had two starters as my main and both of them were absolutely delicious especially the goats cheese tart. However, my partner ordered the Herefordshire steak as coming from Hereford it only seemed appropriate but the whole meal for him was absolutely awful! The steak came out well done when asked for it to be medium, the steak had a horrid taste ( possibly from the grill or if marinated) we did mention this to the waitress but she wasn't very concerned and left us to it. It was a shame we didn't get great service as the whole restaurant had a great atmosphere and was very clean.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Went to stage side before going to watch the lion king. I booked as a present for my Nan's birthday and we both loved it!

Food was beautiful! The service was great and the we just crossed the road to get to the hippodrome after.

I would recommended this place and will defiantly visit again next time I go to a show.

• Visited September 2013