“Hit & Miss”
Review of Pasta Di Piazza

Pasta Di Piazza
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Di Piazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 2,226 Restaurants in Birmingham
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Hit & Miss”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This restaurant is a hit & miss, depends when you go. I've been there about 4/5 times now, the food quality varies..I'm not sure if the chef changes or he/she is having a bad day, but it really IS a hit & miss. The waitress, always the same one, is not very friendly and comes across really fake. The atmosphere is nice and the decorations are quite cheerful.

• Visited February 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Served me frozen food! No apology”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Went here before and had an average meal, wasn't really bothered about ever going back but we got invited by friends. Went again and had one of the most awful meal experiences in a long time!

My starter came out frozen in the middle...! (Need I say more?)

I pointed this out to the waitress and with no apology she took it away, then a long time after everyone else had finished theirs, they brought me a new one... I said this was unacceptable and she said she would talk to the manager.

The main courses came, for all but one of us... We pointed this out and about 10 minutes later theirs came.

What totally annoyed me was the lack of care that they had served frozen food, potentially a health and safety issue. When the bill came, I again asked what were they going to do about the issues, and how disgusted we were at this and also the lack of care on their part. She said all they would do is take the price if the starter off. I pushed the issue that it wasn't really acceptable and I understood it's not her fault, to which she kept telling me her manager simply didn't care!

I've had better service in a wetherspoons! What made matters worse is we went to leave and found someone had stolen my umbrella from the stand... I was quietly fuming to which, from who I gathered is the manager enquired what was wrong... I told him on top of a poor meal, poor service, someone had taken my umbrella and I was now going to get wet... He then laughed at me saying these things happen!! And then told me to take someone else's!!!!! I refused saying how that was wrong, but he practically tried to force someone else's in my hand!!! I walked out in disgust, then got wet...

We all laughed about it later, but have to say this was poor service, poor food (even if it had been cooked) however thank god for trip advisor allowing me to blow off steam to the world about my ordeal! :-)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DexterBites
Long Clawson, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice, excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had a great meal here on Saturday night (Nov 2nd 2013). Parked for free outside the restaurant. Great menu supplemented by great specials board. Good value. The queues waiting for a table as we left were a telling sign of this restaurant's deserved popularity

• Visited November 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Had a lovely meal here. We had not booked a table but the staff were very helpful. Food was very good and the staff could not have been more friendly

Visited October 2013
Lincoln
“delicious”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We went to Pasta Di Piazza this weekend and all four of us were very satisfied! I had initially booked the meal for 7:30 pm but as we were running quite late we had to change it for 9pm. The man on the phone said he would be sure to reserve us a table by the window & he stuck to his word despite the fact that the restaurant was heaving with people!
We were all slightly worried that we would be left waiting for our food because the restaurant was so busy. We were not disappointed though - all three courses were served very quickly. The food was fantastic, with a very large amount of choice. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
The service was very good we were never left waiting around for anything & the atmosphere/layout was great. All in all a very good meal with no real faults - just a little bit of a squeeze as it was so busy!

• Visited October 2013