“Great Food”

Coffee Residence
Ranked #21 of 93 Coffee & Tea in Birmingham
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came in for coffee, and took a look at the menu. Ordered some lunch and was blown away - wonderful food - fresh veggies and fruit. Wait staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Can't believe the negative reviews, maybe there is one rude member of staff that I've never come across. I've been several times and always found the staff to be really friendly and helpful, the coffee is delicious and enormous. Honestly a large is like a huge fish bowl of coffee so you do get your money's worth. I don't think it is expensive for the quality of the food which is always very freshly prepared and way above the standard and choice you would expect from a cafe. They cater for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters equally well, this place is a totally gem, doubt believe the bad reviews try it yourself and I bet you'll go back for more.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been a frequent visitor to Coffee Residence since it first opened but no more, solely due to the rude, uncompromising attitude of the Manageress. Up until today, I used to use the coffee shop on my way to work for a spot of light breakfast as well as going in on other occasions with either family or friends. Today, on my way to work it was both windy and pouring with rain yet one of the doors to the cafe had been wedged open. As I entered I shut the door behind me and continued to the counter. The Manageress said to me “I’m afraid I’m going to have to open the door because it’s too warm in here” (the obvious solution would’ve been to either turn the heating down or get the air conditioning sorted from the customers perspective). When I pointed out that I intended to sit near the window/door I was abruptly asked could I “not sit somewhere else”. I should also point out that at this juncture there was only the Manageress and myself in the cafe so there were no other customers to consider. Faced with this indisputable rudeness and lack of consideration for paying customers I held my hands up and said “Forget it, I’ll go elsewhere”! I would advice anyone who values polite Customer Service and staff to avoid this place like the plague. So much for the age old saying ‘The Customer is always right’ in this instance it would appear that ‘The Customer is always a nuisance’.

2  Thank Pianocol
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The staff at this place really have some sort of attitude problem. The service is shocking and they are very rude. The food is very over priced and is not even fresh. The drinks leave a fowl after taste. I was initially happy about a family run coffee shop opening up in the local area. It's such a shame the owners are not polite and welcoming to members of the public. I'll be taking my business elsewhere!

1  Thank fire-eyez
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I visited here on the 4th April have used it many times before without a problem food n drinks are good although very high priced but if u want to go with a anyone with mental health problems be aware the customer service is terrible the staff are rude and when u complain the manager twists the story to suit them I will never step foot in here again vile attitudes just after money #unfairtreatmentofmentallyill

4  Thank Ellien78