“A Home Away From Home!!”
Review of Madeira Hotel

Madeira Hotel
Ranked #21 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A Home Away From Home!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel last December, and have since been back two further times. For a low-priced hotel I can't fault it: extremely comfortable bed, perfectly adequate room, and a thoroughly friendly easy-going atmosphere. The staff are accomodating and welcoming. The rooms and bed linen are always fresh and clean, and my breakfasts have been most enjoyable. I am so pleased I found this hotel, it really does feel like a home away from home, and I'm looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We visited our grandson at QEH upon his sudden return from Afghan. We were very upset and travelled from Seaford as fast poss to be with him, we saw the Madeira as we were searching for anyware to kip, despite the lateness Stell made us immediately welcome and eased our fears. Room a wee bit cramped but we had stayed at 4 star that wouldnt rate 2, brekky was lovely and sharon was ever attentive to whatever we needed, as g/son will be in QEH for some time recovering we will be coming back to the Madeira.
We have recommended this hotel to other members of the family.

Room Tip: for the price one could not do better, location is excellent, staff very helpful and understanding.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Sorry to be negative but I really didn't enjoy this hotel- I found the room slightly smelly- The bed was fine. Only instant coffee at breakfast. I know this was low budget but I like my real coffee beans- I will not return

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank cro_11
France
Reviewed 4 November 2011

In a way I am sorry to have to write a negative review as the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The owner was away at the time and her daughter was running the place for her. On the positive side the location was good, as was the breakfast and the rooms were clean. On the negative side our twin bedded room was minute as was the en-suite which was accessed by a ¾ height louvred door – not a lot of privacy! The ‘Reception Area & Lounge’ was too small to be comfortable. Fortunately our room was at the rear of the property as friends who were at the front who said the traffic noise was disturbing, their twin bedded room was marginally bigger than ours but at least ours was quieter. It is a pity that in my opinion the problem with this hotel is that it has been overdeveloped in order to maximise the number of rooms at the expense of comfort.

Room Tip: Rear of property to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flagman32
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The en-suit was a little tiny but the bed was comfortable also the breakfast was very good. They have ample car parking spaces and the internet works fine. For the price which I paid I would recommend this hotel. There are many worse places in Northfield which you could stay at the same price which don't provide an en-suite, communal microwaves and information about places to eat, visits and delivery take-aways.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

i stayed at the madeira in march to see family. they were so friendly the girls did all they could 2 help us. the breakfast was excellent.. sets u up four the day. the rooms was very clean.will be back thats for sure thanks for every think.

Room Tip: room 7 was great it over looks the garden
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank nannamc
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Clean, compact, budget rooms with all you need. Pretty restauarant with fresh food and deck overlooking lovely big garden. Proprietor and staff serve and help beyond the call of duty. All Hotels have hiccupps for the compensation seekers, but I didnt see any. If you want a cheap room in an annonymous concrete bunker with plastic food and no service or english, which some do, you know where to book, check out the T.V Ratts n Lou

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Westmead Hotel
Edgbaston
The Conference Park from venuebirmingham
Prince Hotel
#20 of 52 in Birmingham

Been to Madeira Hotel? Share your experiences!